Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WestJet Elevation Lounge YYC

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2021, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
Can confirm this. Was at the YYC Chilis and they no longer serve drinks "to-go"

Update on the Elevation Lounge: Only serving tap beer and wine (no mixed drinks or bottled wines) and food brought to table is a reduced menu with 1 main entree. Basically a bit better than back in Dec 13 but not what was originally served before Dec 13.
Was your visit after January 21? If so, are these regulations still accurate?

Lounge service update

Your safety is our top priority. The Elevation Lounge is open for your continued enjoyment, and in adherence with enhanced public health measures in effect as of December 13, 2020, our service offering has been adjusted:
  • While the current restrictions are in place, we will be pleased to provide you with a pre-packaged meal and limited bar service.
  • Lounge capacity has been reduced to 15%, with some areas further limited to members of one household at a time.
  • Shower facilities and meeting spaces are temporarily closed.
  • Masks are required to be worn at all times while inside the lounge, except while eating and drinking.
These adjustments are expected to be in place until at least January 21, 2021. We appreciate your understanding.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 8:20 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by On Time Reports
Was your visit after January 21? If so, are these regulations still accurate?

Yes. I visited on Jan 24th, 2021. They are still adhering to these regulations. I wouldn't say the meal is "pre-packaged" but rather it comes a la carte on how you order it.

On Time Reports likes this.

Last edited by MillennialMiles; Jan 25, 2021 at 8:39 pm Reason: Edited response from quote
Old Feb 22, 2021, 12:26 pm

Visited on Saturday. There were choices of 5 starter type foods, 2 entrees and a number of choices of wine both on tap and from the bottle. I had sweet potato fries with cinnamon dip, chicken tikka masala, a cookie, a WestJet cocktail, a couple glasses of wine and a cappuccino.

Speedbird84 and cirrusdragoon like this.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 7:09 pm

Programs: AC50K, OZ*G
Originally Posted by YYCCL3
Visited on Saturday. There were choices of 5 starter type foods, 2 entrees and a number of choices of wine both on tap and from the bottle. I had sweet potato fries with cinnamon dip, chicken tikka masala, a cookie, a WestJet cocktail, a couple glasses of wine and a cappuccino.
I was there Thursday. Same menu.

The Old Fashioned' s they make there are great. Had dinner and drinks there, and then headed over the the MLL for Village Ice Cream.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by WannabeSE
I was there Thursday. Same menu.

The Old Fashioned' s they make there are great. Had dinner and drinks there, and then headed over the the MLL for Village Ice Cream.
That’s pretty cool that you got to check out both lounges on your trip! Is that because you have flights on both carriers in your itinerary?
Old Feb 23, 2021, 12:21 pm

Programs: AC50K, OZ*G
Originally Posted by YYCguy
That’s pretty cool that you got to check out both lounges on your trip! Is that because you have flights on both carriers in your itinerary?
Was flying AC, accessed the WS using PriorityPass. Have status on AC
Old Feb 23, 2021, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by WannabeSE
Was flying AC, accessed the WS using PriorityPass. Have status on AC
Oh! Very cool! I didn’t know you didn’t need a WS boarding pass to access the lounge!
Old Feb 26, 2021, 6:29 pm

Delete

Last edited by On Time Reports; Apr 24, 2021 at 9:46 pm
Old Mar 1, 2021, 6:10 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by YYCCL3

Is the chicken tikka masala very spicy or mild spicy?
Old Mar 6, 2021, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Is the chicken tikka masala very spicy or mild spicy?
Mild to medium... definitely not "very spicy"
Old Mar 14, 2021, 7:58 am

Programs: AA Exp., AC 75k, A3 Silver, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum
Spoiled for choices yesterday. Breakfast options were pancakes, a yoghurt bowl with various fruits and grains, and a breakfast sandwich. Lunch options included mushroom soup, cheese plate, and a couple entrees that I forgot to write down.

YYCNoob likes this.
Old May 5, 2021, 2:23 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Anyone been to the lounge lately? I've heard bad things about lineups to get in to the AC lounges recently, especially around midday, and I'm curious whether the WS lounge has had the same problem. I'm flying tomorrow and hoping to grab a quick bite before I leave, but if it's likely to be very busy, I may make alternate plans.
Old May 5, 2021, 2:49 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Anyone been to the lounge lately? I've heard bad things about lineups to get in to the AC lounges recently, especially around midday, and I'm curious whether the WS lounge has had the same problem. I'm flying tomorrow and hoping to grab a quick bite before I leave, but if it's likely to be very busy, I may make alternate plans.
I was there on Monday (went for a weekend spring ski trip in the Rockies). Went around 3pm and it was dead. Due to the restrictions they are only serving food in disposable containers and beer & wine at the bar. Headed to MLL afterwards and it was dead. If you arent there during the connecting bank of flights the entire place is a ghostown.
Old May 6, 2021, 2:20 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Not busy at all today, shortly before noon. There was only one other customer in there when I went in.

My first time there. It was nice overall. Looks like they've been thoughtful with the layout and different types of space. It's a decent size, but given how big WestJet's YYC operation is, I wonder whether it will quickly get packed once travel picks up, especially if they keep allowing PP.

I do hope this won't mean the end of access to the Aspire lounge before international WS flights, as it's a long hike to the D gates.

I had the kettle chips and quinoa salad. Chips were quite good. Salad was decent. Probably slightly better than the one AC has had for a while, but similar.

Lack of canned beverages was a bit of a drawback in these grab-and-go days. I didn't have any booze, but the selection is decent.

Staff were very friendly.

Current capacity is only 29 due to Alberta's current COVID rules (was 45 until the recent reduction to 10% of capacity), but I was told by one of the staff that they haven't had capacity issues in several weeks, as travel has been extremely light.

I didn't love that the pedestrian/golf cart corridor lies between the lounge and the windows out to the tarmac. Definitely a less appealing view than most lounges.

Overall, I'd say it's a good lounge, and well done to WS for getting it done at a difficult time. But looking forward to seeing how it holds up once things are busier.
Old May 7, 2021, 11:49 pm

Oh, I forgot to add... The chocolate chip cookie reminded me of Subway. There's a certain... I don't know, molasses-y?... taste to the Subway cookies that I also got from the WS lounge cookie. I'm not sure "molasses-y" is the best way to describe it, but there's this unique taste to Subway's cookies that I definitely detected in the WS one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.