Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

WestJet introduces "Front of Cabin" seats with dynamic seat fee pricing

Old Oct 2, 19, 3:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan, Canada & Manufactured Spending
Original Poster

This just crossed my radar:

Effective October 2, 2019 WestJet introduced “front of cabin” seats within the Economy cabin on all aircraft types (excluding the 787). These seats are located between preferred seats and the exit row seats. Guests will now have the option to choose emergency exit, preferred, front of cabin or standard when seated in Economy. Fees will be dynamic and based on fare booked and other variants.
Old Oct 2, 19, 7:23 pm

Programs: WestJet Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Well as long as they continue to let me choose those seats free of charge with Platinum status, I’m all for this. Should result in less people taking up all the starboard seats up front before I can snap one up myself haha.
Old Oct 3, 19, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Troubler View Post
Well as long as they continue to let me choose those seats free of charge with Platinum status, I’m all for this. Should result in less people taking up all the starboard seats up front before I can snap one up myself haha.
Curious, why starboard?
Old Oct 3, 19, 12:39 pm

Programs: WestJet Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Some of the planes have more legroom on the starboard side in the front. I think it’s like that until the exit row. I can never remember which actual planes are like that, so I just try to book there every time
polyesther and M60_to_LGA like this.
Old Jan 12, 20, 6:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Anyone know how much extra legroom these front of house seats have? The seatmaps on WJ and SeatGuru still show them all the same as the rest of the plane.
Old Jan 12, 20, 10:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan, Canada & Manufactured Spending
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bigev007 View Post
Anyone know how much extra legroom these front of house seats have? The seatmaps on WJ and SeatGuru still show them all the same as the rest of the plane.
WestJet's own site only these extra legroom seats offer "a few more inches of leg room" and this may not be the case on all aircraft so it's really hard to know. MHO is the extra cost of these seats really isn't worth it compared to the standard seats behind the wing.
Old Jan 12, 20, 10:47 pm

Programs: Accidental AC E35K
See Post #2 here:

D, E, F more expensive than A,B,C?
Old Jan 13, 20, 9:09 am

Programs: Former AC*E, WorldPerks, Air Miles
I think on the 737s it's 31" in standard, 33" in the extra legroom.
bigev007 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 20, 9:26 am

Somewhat pointless on the Q400s
YYCguy, bigev007 and M60_to_LGA like this.
Old Jan 13, 20, 2:00 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Sounds like the "Speedy Boarding" concept at Easyjet, you pay a bit more you get the fronts seats and you board before first. I've used it a lot, it's a good system for just few more Euros.
tcook052 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 20, 2:46 pm

If someone without WestJet status pays extra for these “Preferred” (but not “Premium”?!) seats in the Y cabin, what Boarding Group do they get?

With AC, DL and UA, passengers who pay extra for front-of-Y-cabin seating get preferential boarding.

is that the case with WS?

Last edited by FlyerJ; Jan 13, 20 at 4:15 pm
Old Jan 13, 20, 7:10 pm

Programs: Air Canada 75K, WestJet Platinum, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by eracerblue View Post
Curious, why starboard?
Only north of the equator, in Australia I always choose port.
Frequentlander likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: