Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Silver status -- two people upgrade to Premium?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2019, 9:35 am
Original Poster

I just want to confirm--if my wife and I are both Silver status members and want to fly somewhere, there's no way for us both to get a complimentary upgrade from EconoFlex to Premium, correct? My reading of the terms is that such an upgrade is only available for "single-guest reservations" meaning just one person travelling, right?
Old Sep 26, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Correct. Those free upgrades are only available on qualifying fares (i.e. EconoFlex for Silver and Gold, Econo for Platinum) and only for single-person reservations (regardless of your status level).

The official terms:
not available on reservations with two or more guests on the itinerary, regardless of tier status of other guests
Unfortunately, as Silver, I think you'd have very limited chances -- even if you had a qualifying (i.e. one person) reservation. Silver upgrades come after (a) bid upgrades at T-5 days, (b) then Gold and Plat purchased upgrades at T-48, then (c) comp upgrade for Platinums, then (d) comp upgrades for Golds, and then (e) purchased upgrades for all passengers at T-24. And that's all assuming, of course, that there were remaining Premium seats left over for upgrade in the first place.

If you're on a two-person Y cabin reservation and you really want to upgrade, I'd suggest you try the bid route (although, as I ranted about elsewhere, you won't get to select your own seats and may not end up sitting together).
canadave likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Thanks very much!

The "single guest" terminology is what was slightly confusing, as it could be construed to imply that it is for a single guest *of the person making the reservation*--i.e. I make the reservation and my wife is my lone guest.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 3:42 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
I've only ever had one clear as gold...so at silver I wouldn't hold my breath

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.