Alcohol in Economy 787

Old Sep 25, 19, 9:59 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: YUL
Posts: 728
Alcohol in Economy 787

Did a quick search of the forum but wasnt able to find anything.

Just bought tickets on Westjet for 787 service from Toronto to Gatwick. I see they are now serving meals on the flights but do they also serve Alcohol in Economy on these flights?

All the website says is that beverages are complimentary, but doesnt really go in to any detail.

Thanks for any info.
canforce is offline  
Old Sep 26, 19, 5:12 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: London, England
Programs: skyteam
Posts: 100
Originally Posted by canforce View Post
Did a quick search of the forum but wasnt able to find anything.

Just bought tickets on Westjet for 787 service from Toronto to Gatwick. I see they are now serving meals on the flights but do they also serve Alcohol in Economy on these flights?

All the website says is that beverages are complimentary, but doesnt really go in to any detail.

Thanks for any info.
All complimentary

Last edited by cirrusdragoon; Sep 26, 19 at 10:26 pm
cirrusdragoon is offline  
Old Sep 26, 19, 7:48 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: YUL
Posts: 728
Thank you.

Considering I only paid $1350 for two tickets with seats to London, I can't really complain at all.

I will just have an extra pint when I get there!
canforce is offline  
Old Sep 26, 19, 7:56 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 634
Originally Posted by cirrusdragoon View Post
Wine is provided with meal. spirits and beer must be purchased.
Really? On Calgary to Gatwick, all beverages in all cabins are free on the 787. Why would they make you pay out of Toronto for some alcohol on the same aircraft type? Seems weird.
YYCguy is offline  
Old Sep 28, 19, 12:20 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,869
Originally Posted by YYCguy View Post
Really? On Calgary to Gatwick, all beverages in all cabins are free on the 787. Why would they make you pay out of Toronto for some alcohol on the same aircraft type? Seems weird.

It's done by market not aircraft type. Meals are not free in economy on the domestic flights either on a 787
Ace Cdn is offline  
Old Oct 4, 19, 3:46 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: west coast best coast
Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Posts: 3,371
Originally Posted by Ace Cdn View Post
It's done by market not aircraft type. Meals are not free in economy on the domestic flights either on a 787
The other dumb thing is that meals and drinks are not free on the 767 flights. YYZ LGW and YVR LGW do not get free meals and drinks but YYC CDG does. Must be Dreamliner
keitherson is offline  
Old Oct 4, 19, 6:41 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 105
Originally Posted by keitherson View Post
The other dumb thing is that meals and drinks are not free on the 767 flights. YYZ LGW and YVR LGW do not get free meals and drinks but YYC CDG does. Must be Dreamliner
Same on the YHZ-CDG route for the week or two they ran it: nothing free. But I did book YYZ-YHZ-CDG because it was the cheapest, so I can't complain.
tecate55 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: