Buy on Board on 787?

Old Sep 17, 19, 2:29 pm
F 1
Original Poster

Buy on Board on 787?

Hi - sorry if this was mentioned somewhere, but can someone confirm if the BOB menu is available on the 787, in addition to the meal service? Reason I ask is because Mrs F1 has a long list of allergies and the Bistro Box is one of the few items she can have without worry. Thanks in advance
Old Sep 17, 19, 4:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan, Canada & Manufactured Spending

Originally Posted by F 1 View Post
Hi - sorry if this was mentioned somewhere, but can someone confirm if the BOB menu is available on the 787, in addition to the meal service? Reason I ask is because Mrs F1 has a long list of allergies and the Bistro Box is one of the few items she can have without worry. Thanks in advance
I have a good friend who is celiac and while adding a gluten free meal request recently on her Dreamliner flight YYC-LGW asked if BOB was also available and the answer was no, there isn't so it's just what's served plus snack items.
Old Sep 17, 19, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by tcook052 View Post
I have a good friend who is celiac and while adding a gluten free meal request recently on her Dreamliner flight YYC-LGW asked if BOB was also available and the answer was no, there isn't so it's just what's served plus snack items.
As you say, there’s no BOB on the 787. We were on the LGW service a few weeks ago in Y and a few pax sitting around us were asking about it. We were also in PE last week on a separate trip to LGW and again no BOB but more extensive food offerings. They do seem to have a pretty good selection of special meals that you can call in for, so perhaps that will be good for the OP.

As an aside, the PE hard product on the 787 is stellar. We thought it was much better than AC and BA by quite a bit. There is more legroom and the cabin is really private. Y was kind of what you’d expect it to be, but PE was a revelation—It’ll be my preferred airline going forward for my London travels for sure.
Old Sep 17, 19, 8:46 pm

Be sure you call in to the contact centre well in advance of your flight (well before the 24 hour mark) to order your special meal.
Old Sep 18, 19, 2:58 am
F 1
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. I am glad I asked. Unfortunately special meals don't help us because there might be other allergens used. For example, it might be gluten free (allergy 1) but may not be soy free (allergy 2), and so on. We'll have to bring our own food for the flight and plan accordingly.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: