Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

WestJet suspends four Regina hot holiday routes

Old Sep 10, 19, 7:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan & Manufactured Spending
Original Poster

https://globalnews.ca/news/5879494/w...oliday-routes/

WestJet is temporarily cancelling some direct hot holiday destination flights due to continued grounding issues with Boeing 737 MAX aircraft.

Four Regina routes are being affected by the move, with scheduling changes set to run Nov. 4, 2019, to Jan. 5, 2020, unless otherwise specified.

Regina’s once-weekly flight to Orlando, Fla., and three weekly flights to Phoenix, Ariz., are suspended.

The once-weekly flight from Regina to Cancun, Mexico, will be suspended for November, but WestJet plans to operate weekly flights in December.

The Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, routes will see one weekly flight suspended, but WestJet will continue to offer one trip a week for November. However, the two weekly flights will be suspended in December.
Old Sep 10, 19, 9:42 am

Programs: NEXUS; alas, no status anymore.
Sucks to fly out of YQR these days, unless you're going to Toronto or Vancouver. (I guess LAS survived the cuts at least, but I only go there if I have a conference there, not often.)
Old Sep 13, 19, 12:25 pm

Programs: aeroplan, airmiles, delta, united, continental, AA, Northwest/KLM
Question 737 MAX come Feb 2020 departures

Caught a story last night on Global News with regards to 737 Max flights for the upcoming winter season re Westjet Schedule Changes Affecting SK Travellers.

While I don't fly out of SK, I am looking at a flight out of YOW direct to MBJ in Feb via Westjet (the only direct flight out of YOW to MBJ). I am about to book my tickets, and notice they have 737 MAX as the equipment. Based on the story from last night, sounds like Westjet has the option to re-direct the flight so that it may not be direct ie YOW to YUL or YYZ - or worse 2 connections etc. In Feb any bad weather in any stop just compounds travel delays etc.

Anyone hazard a guess as to whether they would do this (multi-stop) come Feb or do you think they'd keep the direct flight but with a different plane? I considered just driving to YUL and booking direct from there, but the only thing they have going direct is Air Transat and they list a 737 MAX as well as the equipment for the flight so am not gaining anything with the drive, stopover hotel etc.

Search this Thread