Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

WestJet denies Ont. man refund after cancer diagnosis

WestJet denies Ont. man refund after cancer diagnosis

Old Sep 3, 2019, 3:06 pm

The lesson is: Don't book Basic.
garykung and aerobod like this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Fiordland

If they turn them away then its denied boarding and the airline provides a refund.

Given the two logical outcomes, WestJet is playing games instead of being pragmatic and working with these passengers to find a suitable resolution.
I am not sure someone who comes too sick to fly is getting anything like a refund or we'd see "mom's sick notes" up the wazoo like in school. One answer is not to buy these fares for the pittance you save.
AltaBound likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 10:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
I am not sure someone who comes too sick to fly is getting anything like a refund or we'd see "mom's sick notes" up the wazoo like in school. One answer is not to buy these fares for the pittance you save.
I would expect it be treated the same way as any other denied boarding.

Lets also be clear, we don't know if the OP saved any money buy buying these tickets. With the way yield management works at WestJet, there can be people flying on the flight in basic that paid more that Economy plus. The assumption that people flying basic have always payed the least of everyone on the flight is false.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.