Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Frequency of bonus WestJet Rewards transfer from RBC Rewards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2019, 5:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver

I'm sitting on a molehill of RBC points and want to try and time a transfer to WestJet Rewards when they have a bonus but is this promo offered often? I know I've seen a 20% bonus on transfers in the past but had just emptied my account so wanted to see if others know if there's a pattern to the transfer promo or if it's offered infrequently and without much rhyme or reason.

Thanks for the input as I'm gearing up for a transfer to help offset the cost of a WestJet flight later this year or early next.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 11:04 pm

Looking back at some of my blog posts the transfer bonus tends to happen in February and October.
tcook052 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 8:44 pm

Twice a year seems to be the norm, however the dates aren't set in stone.

I believe the last one was only a 10% bonus, FWIW.
tcook052 likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: Qantas Silver, MileagePlus Silver
It is usually twice a year as mentioned above and the transfer bonus % has declined in recent years, which is why I cancelled by Avion and went with the WS credit card instead.
tcook052 likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 3:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
While I haven't been checking daily or weekly I've periodically peeked since posting this last Aug. and haven't seen any transfer bonuses yet so have I just missed them or haven't there been any? I was hoping for a transfers bonus to either redeem for a Canada getaway late Summer or air to SJD in Dec. and while it's not a huge deal, picking up a bonus 40 - 50 WS Dollars helped drop my spend.

I know WS has far more important things on its plate at the moment and can sit tight but redeeming RBC Points for GC's isn't as good of a yield as converting to WS Rewards without any conversion bonuses.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 5:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Last bonus, 10% if I remember correctly, was in October 2018. I wouldn’t hold my breath.
tcook052 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.