Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Platinum upgrade benefits

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2019, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, AA Exec Plt 2MM, HH Diamond, *wood Gold, disgruntled Amex Ex-Centurion
New Platinum upgrade benefits

I received the following email from WestJet this morning:

Hello <redacted>,

We value your loyalty to WestJet, and we are working to find even more ways to show our appreciation.

Econo fares are now eligible for complimentary upgrades. I’m pleased to announce that for those times when you don’t purchase EconoFlex, you’re now eligible for complimentary upgrades to Premium with the purchase of Econo fares too.

This upgrade will be automatically provided prior to the opening of the 24-hour check-in period, subject to availability and allocated in priority order by tier, starting with Platinum members like you.*

There are still many great reasons to go with EconoFlex, including being the best value and: Coming later this year: Expanded upgrade program
Our upgrade program will soon feature additional benefits like complimentary upgrades at the gate and more. Stay tuned for this exciting announcement.

Thank you for flying with WestJet and for sharing your feedback on how to make Platinum status even more valuable to you. Our goal is to provide you with the best airline loyalty program in Canada; having you on this journey with us means we all go further.

Regards,

d’Arcy Monaghan
Vice-President, Loyalty Programs
WestJet

*Platinum members who purchase EconoFlex will have a higher priority than those who purchase Econo. Basic fares remain excluded from eligibility for complimentary upgrades to Premium. We recognize that there will be times when there are empty seats in the Premium cabin. This may still be experienced when guests do not turn up for their flight or when the seats held back for the check-in period, are not sold. All other terms and conditions remain the same and can be found at westjet.com/platinum.
FlyerJ likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: Air Canada 75K, WestJet Platinum, Marriott Titanium
Getting rid of the Flex requirement is good because it makes no sense to book Flex if you’re flying out of Canada. My last domestic flights with Flex had many empty Premium seats and I didn’t get upgraded. It’s nice if it happens but I’m not holding my breath.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 7:00 pm

Programs: Air Canada 75K, WestJet Platinum, Marriott Titanium
First trip after new policy booked as Econo. I’ve been upgraded on 2 of the 4 legs.
  • Platinum
  • Decent yearly spend
  • Late ticket purchase during busy season so high booking price

Last edited by jkordyback; Aug 16, 2019 at 11:19 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.