Just-released schedule is already "sold out"?

Old Aug 5, 19, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Just-released schedule is already "sold out"?

So I'm not-so-patiently waiting to book flights for next summer. My dates (June 24-ish) have come up this week but they are already showing sold out. (YHZ-CDG). Is this their way of not releasing those seats even though the schedule is normally reduced -330 days? Any guesses on when there WILL be seats available on those routes?

I don't get putting it on the schedule but not having any seats available. (Unless of course legit sold out--which surely can't be the case 11 months in advance.)
Old Aug 5, 19, 9:53 am

Programs: none
The last week that shows in the calendar showa as sold out. Sounds like they scheduled the flights but haven't released the tickets for sale yet. Give it a few days.

Booking those flights assumes that the MAX mess will be resolved by next summer.......... fingers crossed.
Old Aug 5, 19, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by coastgirl View Post
So I'm not-so-patiently waiting to book flights for next summer. My dates (June 24-ish) have come up this week but they are already showing sold out. (YHZ-CDG). Is this their way of not releasing those seats even though the schedule is normally reduced -330 days? Any guesses on when there WILL be seats available on those routes?

I don't get putting it on the schedule but not having any seats available. (Unless of course legit sold out--which surely can't be the case 11 months in advance.)
At the moment, any route I checked is saying "sold out" from 25 June to 1 July. I expect they have had an issue in fare posting or aircraft assignment. I would expect the issue will be resolved by the next major fare load, which normally happens once a week.
Old Aug 5, 19, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by smallmj View Post

Booking those flights assumes that the MAX mess will be resolved by next summer.......... fingers crossed.
Yeah, was thinking about that too. I think it's the Dreamliner on this route, but clearly the Max is having far reaching effects.

And thanks Aerobod, I'll keep a watch.
Old Aug 5, 19, 12:22 pm

Programs: none
Originally Posted by coastgirl View Post
I think it's the Dreamliner on this route, but clearly the Max is having far reaching effects.
All of Westjet's TransAtlantic Flights out of YHZ use 737 aircraft. We're too small to get the Dreamliner.

Old Aug 9, 19, 10:29 pm

Programs: Delta 2M DM
Seats have now been released for purchase until the end of June, 2020, so effectively adding almost a week (until this morning, June 25-30 showed as "sold out"). July 1-5 still shows as "sold out".
Old Aug 21, 19, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by smallmj View Post
All of Westjet's TransAtlantic Flights out of YHZ use 737 aircraft. We're too small to get the Dreamliner.

Yup...you're right about the max. Now I have to worry about THAT! First-world problems I know...

And yes, thanks for the reassurance all, the flights I'm looking for are available now.

Now the question is, do I jump, or wait for another one of those extra Westjet bucks in my account deals...Again, first-world problems! I'll live.

Search this Thread