Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Cora's Breakfast On Your Next WestJet Flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2019, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Silver, MileagePlus Silver

https://www.narcity.com/travel/ca/co...your-next-trip

Thoughts, experiences? I'm not very familiar with the Cora's chain.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 9:50 am

As good as a chain may or may not be, you're still eating reheated food prepared 4-6 hours earlier.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 10:12 am

If that means they are installing ovens, I'm all for it! Bring it to Economy, for a charge!
tcook052 and Fiordland like this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 2:28 pm

They're going to try to do eggs bennie? I don't eat at Cora's if I can help it (kinda frou-frou IMO), but I can't imagine any hollandaise working in an in-flight meal. If it's good, it won't hold; if it holds, it won't be good.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 2:31 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Originally Posted by coastgirl
They're going to try to do eggs bennie? I don't eat at Cora's if I can help it (kinda frou-frou IMO), but I can't imagine any hollandaise working in an in-flight meal. If it's good, it won't hold; if it holds, it won't be good.
Now that has to be a runner up for the quote of the year especially: If it's good, it won't hold; if it holds, it won't be good.
Excellent!!!
Old Jul 17, 2019, 3:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
I've always found Cora's to be rather unsatisfying. Fruit and whipped cream doesn't fill me.

But I suppose it would still be better than AC's banana bread
Old Jul 17, 2019, 4:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
I don't mind Cora's and never found it too frou-frou but this has to be an upgrade on what was offered before so will give it a tentative thumbs up and look for it on an upcoming flight.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:53 pm

I'm not crazy about Cora's but it is acceptable. Really, any restaurant should be able to put together a decent breakfast.

I don't really like this partnership though. Restaurant quality/standards don't translate well into to-go or airline catering. They are two completely different beasts. What does a restaurant know about making prepared meals that will be reheated on a plane? Has a restaurant ever succeeded in this type of partnership? Westjet already tried something similar with Chopped Leaf which should have had more success as they are in the business of catering/prepared meals and it was a failure.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 6:29 pm

It can work the other way round. If you come to Whitehorse, you will find certain Air North snacks for purchase at the local Independent supermarket.
Heffeh41 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 7:05 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Pardonez, mais que est-ce que c’est “frou-frou”?

I like Cora’s but can’t see it working on an airplane.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 10:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; Air Canada E75K; Westjet Platinum
The catch is no breakfast, Cora or otherwise, for flights under 3 hours, even if you are in Premium seats.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by Sunny Day
The catch is no breakfast, Cora or otherwise, for flights under 3 hours, even if you are in Premium seats.
No cereal/fresh fruit tray, at the very least?
Old Jul 18, 2019, 4:22 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by calgaryhhr
I don't really like this partnership though. Restaurant quality/standards don't translate well into to-go or airline catering. They are two completely different beasts. What does a restaurant know about making prepared meals that will be reheated on a plane? Has a restaurant ever succeeded in this type of partnership?
Maybe an airline should partner with Eastside Mario's. Their food has always been airline quality, just a baby-step above a Michelina. Branding opportunity?
Old Jul 18, 2019, 10:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Sopwith
Pardonez, mais que est-ce que c’est “frou-frou”?

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/frou-frou
FlyerJ and coastgirl like this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 8:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by YYCguy

No cereal/fresh fruit tray, at the very least?
I did a YVR-YYC (so 1 1/2 hour) in the front cabin. Old style seats so I assume no oven. Breakfast was a try with yogurt, chopped fruit and I don't remember the other little dish, I think chease maybe. There was part of hard boiled egg.

It was all quite good, very nice presentation, the only item I would object to was the egg. I don't like eggs on their own, they can be tolerated when inside an Air Canada omelet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.