Wrong Nexus number, can't change...

Old Jun 19, 19, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Wrong Nexus number, can't change...

Make a typo and entered the wrong Nexus number for my Saturday flight (LGA-YYZ). I can't change it in the app, on the website, when checking-in (app or website), or through the call centre.

Any ideas how I can get this corrected?
Old Jun 19, 19, 10:53 am

The agent at the call centre couldn’t answer your question?

If he/she didn’t know - and since you’ve exhausted every “non airport” option - that would probably indicate that there’s no way of doing it in advance ... and you’ll need to see an agent at check-in at the airport to correct it.

I’m not sure why, but it seems that all airlines (that I’ve used, at least) lock both passport info and KTN numbers once they’re entered on a reservation — they can’t be edited afterwards.
Old Jun 19, 19, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by FlyerJ View Post
The agent at the call centre couldn’t answer your question?

If he/she didn’t know - and since you’ve exhausted every “non airport” option - that would probably indicate that there’s no way of doing it in advance ... and you’ll need to see an agent at check-in at the airport to correct it.

I’m not sure why, but it seems that all airlines (that I’ve used, at least) lock both passport info and KTN numbers once they’re entered on a reservation — they can’t be edited afterwards.
When the Passport and KTN information is entered it is transmitted along with other APIS information to the relevant foreign authorities. It is typically requested as soon after booking that the information becomes available, so that they can run their intelligence analytics on it. From a booking system perspective, it is generally a design principle that APIS information for a record is only transmitted once. I'm not sure what flags or checks incorrectly entered information cause at immigration.
Old Jun 19, 19, 6:44 pm

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.
Originally Posted by aerobod View Post
I'm not sure what flags or checks incorrectly entered information cause at immigration.
On Delta at least it prevented me from checking-in online, otherwise nothing obvious.
Old Jun 23, 19, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Checked-in online for the flight and didn't get pre-check on my boarding pass. Went to the check-in desk at LGA, they fiddled around for a bit and eventually printed a new boarding pass with pre-check.

Will be more diligent in the future.
Old Jun 25, 19, 2:41 pm

Programs: WestJet Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by mxqisit View Post
Checked-in online for the flight and didn't get pre-check on my boarding pass. Went to the check-in desk at LGA, they fiddled around for a bit and eventually printed a new boarding pass with pre-check.

Will be more diligent in the future.
Thanks for the update!

Search this Thread