WestJet FlightLight

Old Jun 6, 2019, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: skyteam
WestJet FlightLight

WestJet today announced a cute new connected nightlight. Dubbed the ‘Flight Light,’ the device pulls WestJet flight data to provide children with a visual representation of when their parents are coming home from a trip. The Flight Light does this with the help of a specially designed mobile app that allows parents to input and sync their flights to the device.

Read more at WestJet developing Flight Light to connect families - Jun 6, 2019

tcook052 likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: WestJet Platinum, HHonors Diamond
That’s actually kind of cool
tcook052 likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 1:11 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Can you program in a 30-45 minute wait for luggage and an hour plus for the drive home from the airport?
Old Jun 6, 2019, 1:20 pm

Programs: WestJet Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by smallmj
Can you program in a 30-45 minute wait for luggage and an hour plus for the drive home from the airport?
Hahah!! True for me if I fly home to YVR. But not true if I fly home to YXX
Old Jun 6, 2019, 3:17 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Troubler

Hahah!! True for me if I fly home to YVR. But not true if I fly home to YXX
I'm almost halfway between YHZ and YQM, smack dab in the middle of nowhere. If one of my kids had one of those lights they would have a long wait between plane landing and me coming through the door.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:06 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Was thinking it's kinda early for April Fools.. then I realized it was actually real.

Ron.
WesternCDN and zappy312 like this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 9:13 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by newfbc
Was thinking it's kinda early for April Fools.. then I realized it was actually real.

Ron.
Ha, I was thinking the same actually until I started reading more of the email. Not something I would ever purchase, but it's a unique and "cute" idea. ^
Old Jun 7, 2019, 11:00 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
How much for something with one purpose like that?
Old Jun 18, 2021, 10:33 pm

Looks like nothing came out of this project as westjet.com/flightlight now redirects back to the home page and the YouTube video is now private.

Thought it was a cool idea, wonder if COVID killed the project or if beta-testing failed

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.