Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Manage Trips on Westjet.com and WS app?

Old May 26, 19, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP

Traveling SFO-YYC-LGW and DUB-YYC-LGW at end of summer. I received a notice that my flights have changed (only by about 5 minutes). We are in premium SFO-YYC and business YYC-LGW. When flight times change, I like to check that my seat reservations are unchanged. However, when I try to access the functions in either the app or online for managing my trips I get "Sorry, seats for this flight canít be changed online." or "Sorry, guest information canít be accessed at this time." My original receipt shows the seat reservations, but how do I know if they are still good? Am I missing something, or do I need to call WS to confirm? Thanks in advance.
Old May 26, 19, 3:07 pm

You should be able to have WestJet email you your updated booking using the following link: https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/my-tri...ieve-itinerary

When they send over the itinerary and receipt, you should be able to take a look at the eTicket which should show your seat numbers and flight status (Confirmed & Unconfirmed due to the time changes).
greytop13 likes this.
Old May 26, 19, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP
Thanks, Zappy! It worked and all seat assignments are as originally ordered. I suppose that might change on the SFO-YYC/YYC-SFO legs if they get the 737Max back in the air before we leave, but for now they show 737-800.

Last edited by greytop13; May 26, 19 at 11:14 pm
Old May 26, 19, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by greytop13 View Post
Thanks, Zappy! It worked and all seat assignments are as originally ordered. I supposed that might change on the SFO-YYC/YYC-SFO legs if they get the 737Max back in the air before we leave, but for now they show 737-800.
The seat assignments on the 737 MAX 8 and 737-800 are the same, with the only difference being whether the Business Class seat upgrade has been done (should all be done now on the MAX), the -800 all still have blocked middle Premium seats until the upgrades take place.
greytop13 likes this.
Old May 26, 19, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by greytop13 View Post
Traveling SFO-YYC-LGW and DUB-YYC-LGW at end of summer. I received a notice that my flights have changed (only by about 5 minutes). We are in premium SFO-YYC and business YYC-LGW. When flight times change, I like to check that my seat reservations are unchanged. However, when I try to access the functions in either the app or online for managing my trips I get "Sorry, seats for this flight canít be changed online." or "Sorry, guest information canít be accessed at this time." My original receipt shows the seat reservations, but how do I know if they are still good? Am I missing something, or do I need to call WS to confirm? Thanks in advance.
I've had this happen several times. As already suggested, there are alternate ways to confirm everything is still good - but, if you want to make further changes it may take WestJet quite sometime to clean-up the reservation so it is fully accessible on-line again, so I typically call-in eventually to get the reservation fixed up.
greytop13 likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: