Q 400 Carry Ons

Old May 18, 19, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Q 400 Carry Ons

Can anybody advise me if WestJet offer a Gate or Airside Valet style check-in for Carry-ons at Vancouver for Q-400 flights. Bag complies with West Jet size and weight but may be difficult to fit in the Small Overheads on the Q-400.

Many Thanks
Old May 18, 19, 1:25 pm

Programs: WestJet Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Havenít ever seen them offer that service. If your bag complies, it should fit. You have to jam it in wheels first, and then twist/turn the top of the bag in. My carry on is pushing the limits, and I get it in no problem. Just get on early
YYCguy likes this.
Old May 18, 19, 1:44 pm

Programs: WS Plat., AS Gold, Winner "Misanthropes to Watch" (1984)
Originally Posted by UncleDude View Post
Can anybody advise me if WestJet offer a Gate or Airside Valet style check-in for Carry-ons at Vancouver for Q-400 flights. Bag complies with West Jet size and weight but may be difficult to fit in the Small Overheads on the Q-400.

Many Thanks
No they don't.
Old May 18, 19, 1:45 pm

No gate valet service offered.

There was a lengthy discussion on the same topic a couple of weeks ago ... here's a link to that thread:
Encore carry on

In short, if your rollaboard doesn't fit the (very small) overhead bin, it will be checked to your final destination by the gate agent. True, compliant sized carry-on bags will barely fit in the bins ... with some force. Bin space on these aircraft is very limited, though, as bags need to go in sideways rather than 'wheels first'.
Old May 18, 19, 2:00 pm

Programs: WestJet Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyerJ View Post
No gate valet service offered.

There was a lengthy discussion on the same topic a couple of weeks ago ... here's a link to that thread:
Encore carry on

In short, if your rollaboard doesn't fit the (very small) overhead bin, it will be checked to your final destination by the gate agent. True, compliant sized carry-on bags will barely fit in the bins ... with some force. Bin space on these aircraft is very limited, though, as bags need to go in sideways rather than 'wheels first'.
Not sure if youíre referencing my statement, but when I said wheels first I meant to start. Specially if itís a carry on with front pockets. It then needs to be twisted in sideways. Iíve seen lots of people struggle getting their bags in the bin, only to have the FA slide it in rather easily by doing this heh. If you just try to jam a larger bag in sideways right away, itís much more difficult.
Old May 18, 19, 3:34 pm

Nope, not referencing your statement! Youíre quite correct!

I was only pointing out that bags have to go in lengthwise ó meaning thereís limited capacity on board.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: