WestJet to Delta Connection at LAS

Old Apr 30, 19, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
WestJet to Delta Connection at LAS

A conference's travel agent has booked me on the following itinerary from YVR to SNA:

YVR->LAS DL7128 (operated by WestJet) lands 7:58PM Terminal 3
LAS ->SNA DL3568 departs 8:55PM Terminal 1

is this <1 hour connection time legal/doable? I've never flown through LAS before but it appear that T1 and T3 have no physical connection, would I have to reclear security?

I'm hoping/assuming I would pre-clear US customs at YVR.

Thanks for any insight
Old May 1, 19, 12:48 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by Janet Simons View Post
A conference's travel agent has booked me on the following itinerary from YVR to SNA:

YVR->LAS DL7128 (operated by WestJet) lands 7:58PM Terminal 3
LAS ->SNA DL3568 departs 8:55PM Terminal 1

is this <1 hour connection time legal/doable? I've never flown through LAS before but it appear that T1 and T3 have no physical connection, would I have to reclear security?

I'm hoping/assuming I would pre-clear US customs at YVR.

Thanks for any insight
D concourse (gates) are located in a building in the middle of the air field with no curb side access. Delta operates from the D concourse. Some airlines in D gates use Terminal 1 for checkin other use Terminal 3.

When you get off the WestJet flight look for the escalator heading down to the people mover/train that will take you over to D gate. Everything should be airside, no need to go through security again.

You will pre-clear US customs in Vancouver.

One hour does not leave much time for a flight delay. What is going for you is the WestJet gates are close to the escalator down to the train. The train is quick. You will likely be ok.
bgriff likes this.

Last edited by Fiordland; May 1, 19 at 1:02 am
Old May 1, 19, 4:54 pm

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.
I wouldn't have any concerns about that itinerary and it will arrive into SNA long enough before the curfew they will probably wait for connections.
Old May 2, 19, 7:57 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: DL Diamond; SPG Platinum; sometimes other things too
Agree with @Fiordland, as long as your first flight is on time this should be no problem.

WestJet will arrive in the E gates in LAS, and the train to the D gates where Delta is departs from between gates E7 and E8. Should be very easy. No need to clear security or customs at LAS.

You don't mention if you're checking a bag ... I would recommend trying to travel with carry-on only if at all possible. Transferring between airlines, especially at LAS where such transfers aren't going to be common, increases the risk of your bag going missing by a fair amount. If you do check a bag, definitely check in with the Delta gate agent when you get to the gate and let them know that you should have a bag coming from a WestJet flight, and show them your bag claim tag.

Search this Thread