Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New: Bid upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2021, 12:09 pm

At this point if I change my upgrade bid, will it be reevaluated?

Originally Posted by SKYEG
Average delay 16 minutes.
3 seats left in business
6 seats left in premium econ
tons left in economy
87% / 16m
J3 C3 D1 W7 O7 R6 Y7 B7 M7 H7 Q7 N7 S7 X7 T7 K7 L6 E1

I'd say there's a good shot that J may sell out before LMU options at this point. I guess travel is really picking up! At least for J lol
Old Oct 19, 2021, 12:18 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by Halifax718
At this point if I change my upgrade bid, will it be reevaluated?
Yes I'd do that right away.

Also call WS and see what the price difference is for you to upgrade. it will be a lot but you'll get the sense of what they are trying to sell for now.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT

I'd say there's a good shot that J may sell out before LMU options at this point. I guess travel is really picking up! At least for J lol
Not just that but WS is now becoming a major player on the YYZ-YVR-YYZ sectors since they started flying the 787 with its upgraded business class product.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 8:34 pm

Missed out on my upgrade bid, so I called to get a price on an upgrade through an agent...Apparently you cannot upgrade tickets that were booked with a companion voucher, anyone ever hear of this before?

Thanks!
Old Oct 20, 2021, 8:44 pm

Nothing in the T&C preventing an upgrade for companion voucher, and you wouldn't be able to bid upgrade on a non qualified fare. But Ill let someone who might have had personal experience with this answer. Very interesting situation, and I'm sorry you're having so much trouble UGing to J I feel for you, what a headache. I'd call another agent for sure.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 8:44 pm

Missed out on my upgrade bid, so I called to get a price on an upgrade through an agent...Apparently you cannot upgrade tickets that were booked with a companion voucher, anyone ever hear of this before?

Thanks!
I've personally sold many people travelling with vouchers an upgrade before in the past so I find that hard to believe. Never told not to. I would ask at the airport.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 8:53 pm

Just got off the phone with Agent #2. They were unable to offer me an upgrade price, and they also could not offer any price due to the fact that there is a companion voucher used.

Strange that I was able to bid though, makes no sense to me!
Old Oct 20, 2021, 9:03 pm

Just got off the phone with Agent #2. They were unable to offer me an upgrade price, and they also could not offer any price due to the fact that there is a companion voucher used.

Strange that I was able to bid though, makes no sense to me!
Even besides the Companion Voucher T&C's not excluding upgrades, their upgrade FAQ's clearly state which fares are upgradeable and not:

Are all flights eligible for an upgrade?

Not all flights are eligible for an upgrade. Eligible flights and tickets are determined by WestJet at its sole discretion and depend on a variety of factors including cabin and seat availability. Also, unless otherwise stated, upgrade offers can only be made up to 75 hours before departure.

Upgrades are not available:
  • If you are booked on a Basic fare
  • If an unaccompanied minor will be travelling
  • If you are booked on a Codeshare flight or another airline’s ticket

What are the reasons I may not be eligible to make an upgrade offer?

There are several different factors that may restrict your eligibility to place an offer to upgrade, these include:
  • You booked a Basic fare
  • No seat availability on your flight
    • The number of guests on the booking may exceed the number of seat availability on your flight
  • Your flight is not operated by WestJet
  • The flight you are travelling on is not currently accepting offers 

NONE of these applies to you.

Try doing this :

If I booked my flight through a travel agent or a website other than WestJet's, am I eligible to make an upgrade offer?

To check your eligibility, visit our upgrade page and enter your reservation code and name in the fields provided. My Trips in the WestJet app will also show your eligibility.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 9:10 pm

When I do that it brings me to the page to enter my bid amount again. I see:
---
$650 CAD Expired
----
And I can no longer bid because we are inside of the 75 hour b4 departure window.

I can't imagine I'm the first that has tried to upgrade from Prem to business using a companion voucher, am i?

Try doing this :

If I booked my flight through a travel agent or a website other than WestJet's, am I eligible to make an upgrade offer?

To check your eligibility, visit our upgrade page and enter your reservation code and name in the fields provided. My Trips in the WestJet app will also show your eligibility.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 9:20 pm

You definitely are not. You shouldn't be able to bid upgrade at all with an unqualified fare...

I'd wait until your check in time and hope for the LMU at this point. Maybe you can't pay to change your fare class with the voucher but you can still LMU. Hopefully...

Also most my LMU prices to LGW is from YYC, so technically it should be cheaper than YYZ due to flight length but it's uncertain....Good luck. Min bid is usually higher than LMU price.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 9:25 pm

Tried to PM but I'm out of messages for the day cause I'm new to the forum ;-)

Took your advice on the EF flight alert, and set it up. Hopefully I'll get the option to upgrade at time of check-in, would REALLY like to be in those PODS. Next time (If there is a next time) I'll reconsider using the voucher, if it's going to cause this much hassle.

You definitely are not. You shouldn't be able to bid upgrade at all with an unqualified fare...

I'd wait until your check in time and hope for the LMU at this point. Maybe you can't pay to change your fare class with the voucher but you can still LMU. Hopefully...

Also most my LMU prices to LGW is from YYC, so technically it should be cheaper than YYZ due to flight length but it's uncertain....Good luck. Min bid is usually higher than LMU price.
SKYEG likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 9:33 pm

At least you're still in premium, which is quite nice on the new 787 for WS... I'd sit near the front rows as the back one gets washroom traffic from Y and Westjet has the highest amount of bassinet out of any airline I've flown.

Bonne chance at check in

Tried to PM but I'm out of messages for the day cause I'm new to the forum ;-)

Took your advice on the EF flight alert, and set it up. Hopefully I'll get the option to upgrade at time of check-in, would REALLY like to be in those PODS. Next time (If there is a next time) I'll reconsider using the voucher, if it's going to cause this much hassle.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 9:39 pm

Thanks, I've already picked row 6 for both segments across the pond. I'm sure we will be fine, it's just frustrating that they let me bid, but I couldn't actually upgrade (at least that's what 2 agents told me).

At least you're still in premium, which is quite nice on the new 787 for WS... I'd sit near the front rows as the back one gets washroom traffic from Y and Westjet has the highest amount of bassinet out of any airline I've flown.

Bonne chance at check in
SKYEG likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 9:51 pm

The fare code for a PNR with a companion voucher is the same as any fare code without a voucher. So if you and your companion travel to LGW with a R fare, me and my full fare companion can be R as well. It just depends on what was available at the time of purchase.

Go into the airport and request to purchase an upgrade.

The last one I sold was 1000$ CDN exactly for YYZ-LGW and that was from Y to J, so it would be less obviously for Y+ to J. I would guess around 350$ since you said that was the minimum and before (year or so ago) the minimum bid was most times just above the actual 24H upgrade price.
Heffeh41 and Hyacinthe like this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 9:59 pm

Unfortunately the airport is 45 min drive away for me each way, so it's not like I can just swing by. it's very frustrating that this cannot be accomplished via a simple phone call to an agent.

Any idea if there are any other options for me to explore ASAP before my flight leaves on Sat, and potentially b4 platinum members snag the 3 remaining business seats at T-48?

Originally Posted by djoseph
The fare code for a PNR with a companion voucher is the same as any fare code without a voucher. So if you and your companion travel to LGW with a R fare, me and my full fare companion can be R as well. It just depends on what was available at the time of purchase.

Go into the airport and request to purchase an upgrade. The last one I sold was 1000$ CDN exactly for YYZ-LGW and that was from Y to J, so it would be less obviously for Y+ to J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.