New: Bid upgrades

Old Oct 12, 2021, 7:15 am

Hmm, 2 more seats opened up in business class on our Dreamliner flight from Toronto to London, Gatwick (leaving in about 10 days).
As of right now there are 11 business class seats available. My current bidding slider ranges from $350 to $650 per passenger:

$350-$395 Poor
$400-$455 Fair
$460-$515 Good
$520-$590 Strong
$595-$650 Excellent

Anyone have an experience with a similar situation, and can recommend a bid, I'd like to leans towards an offer that WILL most likely be upgraded if the seating situation stays the same 3 of 4 days pout from my flight.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Old Oct 12, 2021, 11:15 am

Programs: Qantas Silver, MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by Halifax718
Hmm, 2 more seats opened up in business class on our Dreamliner flight from Toronto to London, Gatwick (leaving in about 10 days).
As of right now there are 11 business class seats available. My current bidding slider ranges from $350 to $650 per passenger:

$350-$395 Poor
$400-$455 Fair
$460-$515 Good
$520-$590 Strong
$595-$650 Excellent

Anyone have an experience with a similar situation, and can recommend a bid, I'd like to leans towards an offer that WILL most likely be upgraded if the seating situation stays the same 3 of 4 days pout from my flight.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I agree with ​​​NA-Flyer, I've always bid the lowest and have never lost the upgrade. If there is 11 seats left, It is very unlikely they will sell all those seats and/or get 11 bids that are over the $350 minimum.
NA-Flyer likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 1:37 pm

Just had the lowest bid accepted for YVR-YYZ (Economy to Business) on the 787.
NA-Flyer likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 6:53 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by mxqisit
Just had the lowest bid accepted for YVR-YYZ (Economy to Business) on the 787.
I flew yesterday on that flight WS 706 YVR to YYZ and it was sold out in business class, premium economy and economy class. I went also for the lowest bid Y to J and it got accepted.
mxqisit likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 11:36 am

I have a done a few economy to premium bids on short flights and the bids I've done have ranged from Good to Fair. Always accepted, 5 days before the flight.

From what I read here I don't think I need to do that.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 1:54 pm

You've convinced me, lowered my bid to the minimum on a future flight, thanx everyone for your thoughts on this.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 8:34 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
I will chime in that I have 100% upgrade rate at lowest bid, and T-24 LMU is mostly lower even than the lowest bid. WS does not sell too much J in advance, as they still can't attract biz travelers and biz contracts. From 1 hour flights, to premium transcon, to LGW. All three of WS offerings, no issues with UG. Take advantage while you can of the cheap upgrades to lie flats, they are catching up slowwwly to AC.

Originally Posted by pastorash
You've convinced me, lowered my bid to the minimum on a future flight, thanx everyone for your thoughts on this.
Hyacinthe likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 8:41 am

Can someone correct me here, I thought I had read you must purchase a Premium ticket on a Dreamliner flight to be eligible to bid on a business seat, but someone here said they upgraded from Economy to Business. Which is correct?
Old Oct 18, 2021, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by pastorash
Can someone correct me here, I thought I had read you must purchase a Premium ticket on a Dreamliner flight to be eligible to bid on a business seat, but someone here said they upgraded from Economy to Business. Which is correct?
You get options to upgrade for both
Old Oct 18, 2021, 8:11 pm

Well the first bid was unsuccessful (Since it's less than 5 days before we leave) I've noticed now only 4 business seats remain (Assumption is 5 were filled with the first pass of upgrades at 5 days out).

Anyone know what happens next, will there be another "pass/round" of upgrades before the 24 hour check in window opens?
Old Oct 19, 2021, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I flew yesterday on that flight WS 706 YVR to YYZ and it was sold out in business class, premium economy and economy class. I went also for the lowest bid Y to J and it got accepted.
Same thing on Sunday for 706, absolutely full plane front to rear. Makes me wonder how long the minimum bid game will last. Premium was also full on my 737 outbound flight to YYC (also bid upgrade).
Old Oct 19, 2021, 8:14 am

Programs: Qantas Silver, MileagePlus Silver
Well the first bid was unsuccessful (Since it's less than 5 days before we leave) I've noticed now only 4 business seats remain (Assumption is 5 were filled with the first pass of upgrades at 5 days out).

Anyone know what happens next, will there be another "pass/round" of upgrades before the 24 hour check in window opens?
There might be a LMU available at T24 check-in (online and/or at Check-in kiosk at airport). That will probably be your last opportunity to upgrade if available.
Hyacinthe likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by Heffeh41
There might be a LMU available at T24 check-in (online and/or at Check-in kiosk at airport). That will probably be your last opportunity to upgrade if available.
Is it normal that they only fil 5 of the 9 available seats at the T-120 mark, or is this standard procedure (the seating chart still shows 4 seats available for purchase)?

Thanks
Old Oct 19, 2021, 11:54 am

Is it normal that they only fil 5 of the 9 available seats at the T-120 mark, or is this standard procedure (the seating chart still shows 4 seats available for purchase)?

Thanks
Seat charts dont mean anything. There could be someone who bought a ticket without a seat. You need to pull all the fare buckets to know exactly how many seats left. Send me flight number and date, I will pull for you.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 12:06 pm

Thanks
Average delay 16 minutes.
3 seats left in business
6 seats left in premium econ
tons left in economy
87% / 16m
J3 C3 D1 W7 O7 R6 Y7 B7 M7 H7 Q7 N7 S7 X7 T7 K7 L6 E1

I'd say there's a good shot that J may sell out before LMU options at this point. I guess travel is really picking up! At least for J lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.