FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   WestJet | WestJet Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/westjet-westjet-rewards-606/)
-   -   Status Match to Gold/Silver for AC/PD Elites (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/westjet-westjet-rewards/1966580-status-match-gold-silver-ac-pd-elites.html)

FlyerTalker70 Apr 23, 2019 6:50 am

Status Match to Gold/Silver for AC/PD Elites

Spotted this in my inbox today:

Status match to Gold or Silver and you’ll never be left wondering how far your rewards can take you. With so many premium benefits, our program will take you even further than before.

From now until May 23, send in proof of your top-tier status for Altitude, Aeroplan or VIPorter and get WestJet Rewards Gold or Silver benefits until December 31, 2019.*

Gold Status Match
  • Benefits
    • Early access to purchase an upgrade to Premium
    • Unlimited airport lounge access with family privileges
    • No fee for same-day flight changes at check-in
    • 6 Seat Selection Vouchers
    • First and second checked bags free
    • Access to priority check-in and bag drop (at select airports)
    • Zone 1 boarding privileges
  • Be member an Altitude 35K, 50K, 75K, dime a dozen 100K SE, or VIPorter Priority
  • If you spend $2,900 or more by Dec 31,2019 you will retain Gold thru 2020.
Silver Status Match
  • Benefits
    • Eligibility for complimentary upgrades to Premium with EconoFlex fares
    • First and second checked bags free
    • Advance seat selection vouchers
    • Access to priority check-in and bag drop (at select airports)
    • Zone 2 boarding privileges
  • Be an Altitude 25K, Aeroplan Black or Diamond or VIPorter Passport member
  • If you spend $2,900 or more by Dec 31,2019 you will retain Gold thru 2020.

To qualify, send the following information to [email protected]?subject=Stat...ard,%20other)? by May 23, 2019:
  1. Your first and last name.
  2. Your 9-digit WestJet Rewards ID (provided to you upon joining WestJet Rewards). If you’re not already a member you can join now.
  3. A photo or scanned copy of your membership card in Altitude, Aeroplan or VIPorter showing your name, current status and valid dates (status must be valid till at least December 31, 2019).
While I don't have status with AC nor the Skunk, I will try to claim the status match with my UA Gold status. I'll just call it Air Canada MilagePlus Gold (operated by United Airlines).

Safe Travels,

James

Heffeh41 Apr 23, 2019 6:52 am

Damn, They shafted United

Shareholder Apr 23, 2019 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by j2simpso (Post 31028378)
While I don't have status with AC nor the Skunk, I will try to claim the status match with my UA Gold status. I'll just call it Air Canada MilagePlus Gold (operated by United Airlines).

Safe Travels,

James

The email does say "Canadian" program elite status card...let us know if they accept United/MileagePlus.

Error 601 Apr 24, 2019 1:19 am

Originally Posted by j2simpso (Post 31028378)
and you’ll never be left wondering how far your rewards can take you.

They're really overplaying their hand on this Aeroplan uncertainty angle.

ashill Apr 28, 2019 7:11 am

I assume that there’s little chance of getting a match from Alaska Airlines? Obviously the terms say not.

Sopwith May 5, 2019 11:52 pm

I sent in my info, got an auto-reply saying someone would review and respond within seven days. It’s now 11 days and nothing yet.

gilsan May 6, 2019 5:18 am

I sent my information and also got the email stating in would be 7 days on April 23. Yesterday I received confirmation of my status upgrade. It took 12 days. You should hear soon.

The YVR Guy May 9, 2019 10:27 am

Sent in my status match from Aeroplan Black on April 23rd, just got the confirmation email today... took way longer than the 7 days they quoted though.

Hello The YVR Guy,

This is to confirm acceptance of your WestJet Rewards Status Match request. You can now enjoy all the exciting flight benefits of Silver membership until December 31, 2019.* To learn more about Status Match and the next steps to extend your Silver status, visit westjet.com/getgold.

To receive exclusive email offers, you must be subscribed to WestJet Rewards communications. You can sign into your account at any time to update your communication preferences.

Check out your Silver status and flight benefits at westjet.com/silver

We'd like to thank you for your interest in WestJet Rewards, and look forward to seeing you soon.

chawk12 May 9, 2019 1:04 pm

Just got my confirmation today as well

FlyerTalker70 May 9, 2019 2:38 pm

Bit the bullet and decided to see if they would accept my AC codeshare status:

I would like to get my Westjet status matched to my Air Canada MilagePlus (operated by United Airlines) Premier Gold status. Please find attached my membership card. My WestJet Rewards ID is : ***** and the associated email address is ***

Please advise me when I’m matched to WestJet Gold.

Look forward to evaluating WestJet’s product for my frequent flyer needs.
Here's to hoping WS will see value in codeshare members like myself :p

Safe Travels,

James

Sopwith May 9, 2019 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by Sopwith (Post 31071290)
I sent in my info, got an auto-reply saying someone would review and respond within seven days. It’s now 11 days and nothing yet.

I pinged them yesterday to see if anyone is looking at this. No response.

busfan May 11, 2019 5:23 am

Day 17. Still no news...

AtlanticXpat May 11, 2019 12:38 pm

Submitted 24th April. Nothing heard to date.

ewok22 May 13, 2019 11:55 am

Submitted Apr 24th got confirmation May 11

Sopwith May 13, 2019 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by Sopwith (Post 31085492)

I pinged them yesterday to see if anyone is looking at this. No response.

Got my confirmation today.

This might actually work out. I doubt I’ll make E35K for next year, but there’s a reasonable chance I could make WS Gold.