Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Status Match to Gold/Silver for AC/PD Elites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status Match to Gold/Silver for AC/PD Elites

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: AC E35k, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by AtlanticXpat
Submitted 24th April. Nothing heard to date.
Received a response confirming gold status on 12th May.
Old May 15, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: AC SE
Submitted the request April 27, and received confirmation today. They published a response time of 7 days, and took 18 days to process, so they're taking longer than promised to respond, but seems like they're getting to them eventually.
Old May 20, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, KLM Silver
Originally Posted by ashill
I assume that there’s little chance of getting a match from Alaska Airlines? Obviously the terms say not.

tried Alaska mvp gold and Hawaiian Pulanami Platinum I’m also Aeroplan Silver they denied
ashill likes this.
Old May 20, 2019, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Just received a response back from my request to match Air Canada MilagePlus Gold (operated by United Airlines):

Looks like I'll be staying loyal to AC moving forward...oh, and while I'm at it I may as well cancel my WS World Elite CC. Nicely played WS

-James
Old May 20, 2019, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by j2simpso
Just received a response back from my request to match Air Canada MilagePlus Gold (operated by United Airlines):

Looks like I'll be staying loyal to AC moving forward...oh, and while I'm at it I may as well cancel my WS World Elite CC. Nicely played WS

-James
Are you really surprised you didn't get matched based on a made-up status level? "Air Canada MilagePlus Gold (operated by United Airlines)"? LOL. That's an interesting name for United MileagePlus Gold.

So you're staying loyal to AC moving forward, despite not having status with AC? I'm sure WS will really miss your business.
cirrusdragoon, Santander and 5mm like this.
Old May 20, 2019, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gcashin
Are you really surprised you didn't get matched based on a made-up status level? "Air Canada MilagePlus Gold (operated by United Airlines)"? LOL. That's an interesting name for United MileagePlus Gold.

So you're staying loyal to AC moving forward, despite not having status with AC? I'm sure WS will really miss your business.
I'll have you know I flew 10,315 revenue miles last year on AC metal! I chose UA status over AC since AC's programme is pretty awful in terms of milage accrual and they for some reason require you to spend so much money flying with them which might be great if you can manage to fly AC all the time, but for this ex-Pat living in the UK, AC fares are few and far between.
Old May 21, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
I'll have you know I flew 10,315 revenue miles last year on AC metal! I chose UA status over AC since AC's programme is pretty awful in terms of milage accrual and they for some reason require you to spend so much money flying with them which might be great if you can manage to fly AC all the time, but for this ex-Pat living in the UK, AC fares are few and far between.
To be fair, United has the same spend requirements (and in USD, not CAD), and unlike DL and AA, neither counts partner spend. They just each exempt residents of other countries. That’s why I too credit AC flights to UA as a Canadian resident. If I fly enough to meet the PQM threshold, I will meet the spend threshold between UA and AC, but probably not on either carrier individually.
Old May 21, 2019, 8:55 am

I'm sure WS is very keen to pick up flyers who credit to UA because they don't meet the AC spend requirements and give them Gold status. Guess it's their loss.
Santander likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 9:11 am
5mm
Suspended

Glad to see WS doesn't care about game players.
Old May 21, 2019, 9:18 am
5mm
Suspended

Talking about rev miles is game playing. Status is based on Q miles, which would be a lot less than total miles flown.
Old May 22, 2019, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Submitted the request April 27, and received confirmation today. They published a response time of 7 days, and took 18 days to process, so they're taking longer than promised to respond, but seems like they're getting to them eventually.
Submitted on the 15th, approved yesterday...six days including the holiday weekend. (Maybe it went faster because I noted that as an Onex shareholder I wanted to "kick the tires" on my new airline?). I'll have some flying in the fall to do so.
Old May 23, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Submitted a status match request for my NZ GE (NZ's equivalent of SE100K) explaining that I am a BC resident that flies domestically.

Also sent proof of the $20,500 Xmas Westjet vacation we just purchased.

Will see what they say.
Old May 23, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: skyteam
Originally Posted by taupo
Submitted a status match request for my NZ GE (NZ's equivalent of SE100K) explaining that I am a BC resident that flies domestically.

Will see what they say.
You are not eligible, as Air New Zealand is not a Canadian airline. It says so in the fine print for eligibility . But I guess it was worth a shot .

Old May 23, 2019, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by taupo

Will see what they say.
Weren't Aeroplan's elite tiers also acceptable? Your notation indicates you're an AE Diamond.
Old May 24, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Weren't Aeroplan's elite tiers also acceptable? Your notation indicates you're an AE Diamond.
SH, the AE Diamond refers to Aeropesos status, means I spend a lot with a TD Visa. Nothing to do with Bum In Seat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.