Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

WestJet's new Top-Tier Advisory Council

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2019, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms

I just received the following e-mail about this from WestJet....

Hello [Frequentlander],
I would like to take this opportunity to share with you that we are launching a new and improved WestJet Rewards Top-Tier Advisory Council, and we invite you to be one of the first to join.
We will be conducting online polls, live video sessions with WestJet leaders from across the company, and more. This will be a great place to share ideas and experiences, as well as provide your feedback on new WestJet and WestJet Rewards initiatives.
We have chosen to use the Facebook platform – specifically a restricted group using the “Secret” privacy setting – to operate the Council; therefore a Facebook profile is required to participate. The privacy setting of the group is currently set to “Closed” so that you may find and join the group; it will change from “Closed” to “Secret” on April 26, 2019 so please be sure to join before then.

Make sure you have your 9-digit WestJet Rewards ID ready, as you’ll need to provide this when requesting to join the group.
Thank you very much for your continued support. We look forward to many meaningful discussions with you in the future.

Join Now

Best regards,

[XXXXXXXX]
Coordinator, Loyalty Marketing

........As this is on Facebook, I will not be participating. I don't do Facebook and never will. It's a shame because it looked like it would have been useful but I'm not risking having even the smallest amount of personal information loose on Facebook.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: WestJet Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Oooh! I checked my email after reading your post. I received an invite as well. I use Facebook frequently so I’ll definitely be participating!
Old Apr 16, 2019, 7:56 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA Exec Plt 2MM, HH Diamond, *wood Gold, disgruntled Amex Ex-Centurion
I will not join Facebook in order to participate. Dumb ... move to require Facebook.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Frequentlander

........As this is on Facebook, I will not be participating. I don't do Facebook and never will. It's a shame because it looked like it would have been useful but I'm not risking having even the smallest amount of personal information loose on Facebook.
Make up a dummy Facebook with no friends, inaccurate personal info and no sharing of anything and use that. They are using your WJ ID once to access this group. My FB account has nothing in it and was originally used just for the Messenger function. Now I think you can use Messenger without an actual FB account.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ricktoronto
Make up a dummy Facebook with no friends, inaccurate personal info and no sharing of anything and use that. They are using your WJ ID once to access this group. My FB account has nothing in it and was originally used just for the Messenger function. Now I think you can use Messenger without an actual FB account.
Maybe if I do it from a public computer in the public library or a burner phone connected to coffee shop WiFi.....but more likely not at all.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 11:36 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
This will be a great place to share ideas and experiences, as well as provide your feedback on new WestJet and WestJet Rewards initiatives.
Why don’t they just read FlyerTalk?
tcook052, tecate55 and Fiordland like this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sopwith

Why don’t they just read FlyerTalk?
Because they can't control the process.
tecate55, Fiordland and james dean like this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 11:45 pm

Because they can't control the process.
Good point. So they’re afraid of everyone seeing the uncontrolled, unfiltered straight goods, I guess. Hence the need for secrecy.
tecate55 and Fiordland like this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 12:38 am

Good point. So they’re afraid of everyone seeing the uncontrolled, unfiltered straight goods, I guess. Hence the need for secrecy.
Why would any commercial company spend time and money exposing the direction of a strategic program to the competition in a public forum, before it was due for launch?
YYCguy, AltaBound and ktllo like this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by aerobod

Why would any commercial company spend time and money exposing the direction of a strategic program to the competition in a public forum, before it was due for launch?
Another good point. Doing it on Facebook in "Secret" mode will make sure there are no leaks.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:06 am

Another good point. Doing it on Facebook in "Secret" mode will make sure there are no leaks.
I wouldn't use Facebook myself, but I'm sure there will be NDAs or strict and enforceable conditions of use signed by each participant before any sensitive info is disclosed and if Facebook has a breach, there are legal remedies to pursue.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: WestJet Platinum, HHonors Diamond
I don’t see any NDA type language other than in the rules section stating to respect people’s pricacy, and what is discussed in the group should stay in the group.

If anyone is curious, there are currently over 400 members in the group. Appears it’s been up and running for a little while already.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; Air Canada E75K; Westjet Platinum
Wasn't there a similar council set up last year that some members here were invited to participate? What happened to that?
Old Apr 18, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
I did the one for the new J class....but was not offered to participate in this one.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: WJ Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Accor Platinum
Question, is this invite only by WJ? Or can a current member refer another? I'd be interested to join and check it out. Any guidance appreciated!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.