Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Westjet travel bank - how to extend expiry

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2022, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan BA Blue

Hello everyone,

I have about 3000 CAD in WJ travel bank which expire in July 2023.

If I book a fully refundable WJ fare, and then cancel,will the WJ travel bank dollars reset for an additional year?

THX

BUBBa
Old Dec 28, 2022, 5:18 pm

It is supposed to do that, but generally doesn't through the automated system.

Easiest way around this is to transfer the travel bank to a family member, and play hot potato with it every once in a while. Each time you transfer, they reset the expiry... for now, anyway. Would not surprise me one bit if they start to keep the original expiry.
Brendan likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 9:43 am

Can say as of today, I was able to transfer my westjet travel bank dollars that were expiring next month to my wife and they were extended a year from today. So its still something a person can do. There was no wait time either when I called westjet which was a pleasant surprise but its been over a year since I have had to call westjet when it took a week to get a call back. She told me they are not supposed to tell the customer that this is one of the options but its the principal of the thing. So I appreciated her honesty with me. Could not agree more, I don't like my money just sitting there and I would use or transfer to someone who can but opportunities have not presented itself so far. Travel bank money should not have an expiry. I'm not even against paying a small fee to extend it but it should not be a one time thing as it appears to be now. Grateful that I was able to extend today.
arf04, mxqisit, Da_Master and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.