Separate tickets, bags checked thru?

Old Mar 10, 19, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Westjet Rewards, Platinum
Separate tickets, bags checked thru?

I will be travelling WS to LGW and continuing on to ATH, separate tickets (arrive LGW 0940, depart for ATH 1335 on easy jet). Will Westjet check my bag thru to Athens, or do I have to retrieve it at LGW, go thru passport/customs, then go thru security again, bag drop off at Easy Jet? I'm guessing its going to be the latter. Ugh.
Old Mar 10, 19, 1:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
No, WS cannot check your bags through to U2 because there is no interline agreement. Thus, you will need to proceed through passport control and customs and retrieve your bags.

However, at LGW you may take advantage of Gatwick Connects. After retrieving your bags, take them to the GC counter without having to lug them over to U2.

It's half a loaf and still takes time. Not likely a problem for you, but definitely a problem for others on separate tickets who book as though they have a connection.
Old Mar 10, 19, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Westjet Rewards, Platinum
Thank you for reply and advice.

Last edited by dv7834; Mar 10, 19 at 2:13 pm
Old Mar 10, 19, 1:55 pm

Old Mar 10, 19, 1:57 pm

Programs: WS Plat., AS Gold, Winner "Misanthropes to Watch" (1984)
Originally Posted by dv7834 View Post
Thank you for reply and advice. Just a quick question: what does U2 stand for? (please don't say Bono) Thanks again. (Figured out GC,)
"U2" is the IATA Code for Easyjet https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EasyJet, like "WS" is the IATA code for WestJet and "AA" is for American Airlines

People on Flyertalk tend to talk in code.

Search this Thread