Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Confirmed flight full: Will WS let us fly earlier?

Old Mar 4, 19, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: statusless these days

No status. WS itinerary at the end of the week has first flight full (not showing on offered flight itineraries) and conecting flight is being sold at a fairly high rate (beginning of the weekend and last flight of the day). Does WS offer a way for those who have flexible travel plans to fly out earlier (without paying)? The earlier flight is several hours earlier and not worth our while to go out earlier and ask if the answer is no.
Old Mar 4, 19, 7:54 pm

Programs: WestJet Platinum, HHonors Diamond
If you bought a flex fare I believe you only need to pay any price difference if there is one. If you didn’t buy a flex fare you’ll have to pay a change fee. Although I seem to remember changing to an earlier flight once before I had status, I think it was just a flat rate?
Old Mar 4, 19, 7:59 pm

Yeah there is various rules depending on your fare class, where you are traveling and at what point you want to make a change. They lay it all out here:

https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/travel...s/service-fees
Old Mar 4, 19, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: statusless these days
I know WS has a charge which we're not about to pay. We'll just let them IDB someone.
Old Mar 4, 19, 8:41 pm

While you said the flight was full, WestJet states that they don’t overbook. I wouldn’t count on anyone being IDB’d.
Old Mar 4, 19, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach View Post
I know WS has a charge which we're not about to pay. We'll just let them IDB someone.
They don’t oversell so there won’t be any IDB unless there is an equipment change or a rare operational issue such as an air marshall that needs to take a seat.

Search this Thread