Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Luggage Tags

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2019, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
Priority Luggage Tags

Just checked in at YVR and checked in two bags.

For the first time at WestJet I got "Priority" luggage insert tags on the tracking label.

Let's see what happens....
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:52 pm

Programs: WestJet Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Hmm interesting. Was it your fare class or status that got you that?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 9:50 pm

Programs: WJ Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Frequentlander
Just checked in at YVR and checked in two bags.

For the first time at WestJet I got "Priority" luggage insert tags on the tracking label.

Let's see what happens....
I had a similar experience recently from LGW-YYC, but I thought maybe it was a Gatwick thing as I didn't recall seeing this was going to be a benefit. IIRC, the baggage tag had priority on it and I had an light orange insert as well.

Side note: Didn't make a difference upon waiting for bags in YYC. So a relatively consistent experience as when I was AC 50K :-/
Troubler likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:08 am

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
Got my priority luggage insert tag yesterday with my checked bag for my flight YYZ-YVR. It seemed that my bag arrived with the first batch of bags at YVR.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Troubler
Hmm interesting. Was it your fare class or status that got you that?
Paid Premium, but the agent said I got them because I'm plat.

On arrival at the destination (YQR) the bags appeared in the middle of the pack.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:34 pm

Programs: WestJet Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
So yes, WS is currently rolling out priority baggage.. It's a soft launch essentially, that's why nothing has actually been announced. But anyone booked in Premium/Business, or any Gold or Platinum members will have their bags, and anyone else's bags on the same PNR tagged as priority. They're being loaded into a separate pit on the AC so that they can be unloaded first.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 1:48 am

Programs: Aeroplan, West Jet rewards
Flew YYC to YWG on March 7th. Got priority tag. Waited for luggage at carousel in YWG and mine wasn't on there. Lady walks up and says I should check oversize section. The luggage size I used was the "medium" size from my set and yes, it was in the oversize section.

Return flight on March 9th. Got priority tag. Waited for luggage at carousel at YYC and it was the first one off.

Growing pains, I suppose.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
They're still starting up this program. When I checked in at YVR on Saturday morning, they didn't have the priority tag system set up there yet. I think it's a great idea, and hopefully the consistency is high enough to be worthwhile checking bags. I certainly would check my bag more often!
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Arthurrs
They're still starting up this program. When I checked in at YVR on Saturday morning, they didn't have the priority tag system set up there yet. I think it's a great idea, and hopefully the consistency is high enough to be worthwhile checking bags. I certainly would check my bag more often!
I checked in at YVR on Mar 4 (see post #1 ) and they had them then. My check in was domestic so if you were transborder, that may account for the difference.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by Frequentlander
I checked in at YVR on Mar 4 (see post #1 ) and they had them then. My check in was domestic so if you were transborder, that may account for the difference.
Strange, I was flying domestic and the person at the checkin desk said that they weren't doing it yet at YVR! Maybe it was too early on Saturday morning?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Arthurrs
Strange, I was flying domestic and the person at the checkin desk said that they weren't doing it yet at YVR! Maybe it was too early on Saturday morning?
Even if we learn nothing else from the WS threads on Flyertalk, we learn that WS are consistent in their inconsistency.
Arthurrs likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 4:50 pm

My personalized Westjet platinum tags came in the mail today along with the usual welcome letter. Looks nice and platinum!!

Old Apr 2, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: WestJet Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Ooooh! Colour me jealous! Hopefully mine show up this week
Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

For the record. Checked a bag at YVR tis morning and fo the "PRIORITY" printed label AND......and extra orange one stapled to it.

Bag was #2 on the belt at the destination. This is progress.
Troubler, YYCguy, jimsthe1 and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Troubler
Ooooh! Colour me jealous! Hopefully mine show up this week
Mine just arrived.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.