FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   WestJet | WestJet Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/westjet-westjet-rewards-606/)
-   -   Priority Luggage Tags (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/westjet-westjet-rewards/1959378-priority-luggage-tags.html)

Frequentlander Mar 4, 2019 6:46 pm

Priority Luggage Tags

Just checked in at YVR and checked in two bags.

For the first time at WestJet I got "Priority" luggage insert tags on the tracking label.

Let's see what happens....

Troubler Mar 4, 2019 7:52 pm

Hmm interesting. Was it your fare class or status that got you that?

jimsthe1 Mar 4, 2019 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by Frequentlander (Post 30848443)
Just checked in at YVR and checked in two bags.

For the first time at WestJet I got "Priority" luggage insert tags on the tracking label.

Let's see what happens....

I had a similar experience recently from LGW-YYC, but I thought maybe it was a Gatwick thing as I didn't recall seeing this was going to be a benefit. IIRC, the baggage tag had priority on it and I had an light orange insert as well.

Side note: Didn't make a difference upon waiting for bags in YYC. So a relatively consistent experience as when I was AC 50K :-/

Arthurrs Mar 5, 2019 1:08 am

Got my priority luggage insert tag yesterday with my checked bag for my flight YYZ-YVR. It seemed that my bag arrived with the first batch of bags at YVR.

Frequentlander Mar 5, 2019 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Troubler (Post 30848647)
Hmm interesting. Was it your fare class or status that got you that?

Paid Premium, but the agent said I got them because I'm plat.

On arrival at the destination (YQR) the bags appeared in the middle of the pack.

WJter Mar 6, 2019 1:34 pm

So yes, WS is currently rolling out priority baggage.. It's a soft launch essentially, that's why nothing has actually been announced. But anyone booked in Premium/Business, or any Gold or Platinum members will have their bags, and anyone else's bags on the same PNR tagged as priority. They're being loaded into a separate pit on the AC so that they can be unloaded first.

westcanguy Mar 11, 2019 1:48 am

Flew YYC to YWG on March 7th. Got priority tag. Waited for luggage at carousel in YWG and mine wasn't on there. Lady walks up and says I should check oversize section. The luggage size I used was the "medium" size from my set and yes, it was in the oversize section.

Return flight on March 9th. Got priority tag. Waited for luggage at carousel at YYC and it was the first one off.

Growing pains, I suppose.

Arthurrs Mar 11, 2019 9:57 am

They're still starting up this program. When I checked in at YVR on Saturday morning, they didn't have the priority tag system set up there yet. I think it's a great idea, and hopefully the consistency is high enough to be worthwhile checking bags. I certainly would check my bag more often!

Frequentlander Mar 11, 2019 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Arthurrs (Post 30873173)
They're still starting up this program. When I checked in at YVR on Saturday morning, they didn't have the priority tag system set up there yet. I think it's a great idea, and hopefully the consistency is high enough to be worthwhile checking bags. I certainly would check my bag more often!

I checked in at YVR on Mar 4 (see post #1 ) and they had them then. My check in was domestic so if you were transborder, that may account for the difference.

Arthurrs Mar 11, 2019 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by Frequentlander (Post 30873377)
I checked in at YVR on Mar 4 (see post #1 ) and they had them then. My check in was domestic so if you were transborder, that may account for the difference.

Strange, I was flying domestic and the person at the checkin desk said that they weren't doing it yet at YVR! Maybe it was too early on Saturday morning?

Frequentlander Mar 12, 2019 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by Arthurrs (Post 30875336)
Strange, I was flying domestic and the person at the checkin desk said that they weren't doing it yet at YVR! Maybe it was too early on Saturday morning?

Even if we learn nothing else from the WS threads on Flyertalk, we learn that WS are consistent in their inconsistency.

Arthurrs Apr 2, 2019 4:50 pm

My personalized Westjet platinum tags came in the mail today along with the usual welcome letter. Looks nice and platinum!! :)

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...de10cfaeb2.jpg

Troubler Apr 2, 2019 5:22 pm

Ooooh! Colour me jealous! Hopefully mine show up this week :)

Frequentlander Apr 2, 2019 7:31 pm

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/uz...=w944-h1257-no

For the record. Checked a bag at YVR tis morning and fo the "PRIORITY" printed label AND......and extra orange one stapled to it.

Bag was #2 on the belt at the destination. This is progress.

Frequentlander Apr 6, 2019 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by Troubler (Post 30958212)
Ooooh! Colour me jealous! Hopefully mine show up this week :)

Mine just arrived.