WJ Checked Luggage Question at YYZ

Old Feb 28, 19, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Westjet Rewards
WJ Checked Luggage Question at YYZ

I posted a question in another forum about a baggage inquiry that also qualifies on this forum I believe. I received one response which I will share below.

YOW>YYZ>LAS. (both flights are WJ)
I was confirming that the same protocol from 2016 for collecting my baggage after arriving at YYZ from YOW. I thought that I would have to retrieve our checked luggage and re-check it at the WJ counter before flying to LAS.
I was told the following that when I check my luggage at YOW it is automatically sent to US CBP at YYZ and not needed to be collected by me.

"After security your BP is scanned, if your bags has been photo'ed you will head to US CBP. If not, you are sent to a waiting room and a monitor will let you know that your bag has been photo'ed and then you can head to US CBP".

I am not doubting the posters reply to me but am wondering if fellow WJers are familiar with this protocol at YYZ?

thank you in advance for your help!
Old Feb 28, 19, 5:36 pm

Correct..

You will not have to pick up your bag..

Once you land in YYZ, you will head directly for A Gates.. once through CATSA, you'll scan your boarding pass. If your bag has been imaged, you'll head into Step 3 (US Customs). If it has not, you'll head into the waiting room (Step 2).
Old Mar 2, 19, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Westjet Rewards
Thank you WJter for helping me out. For some reason YYZ is intimidating to me compared to YOW.

Search this Thread