Westjet Fare Codes

Old Feb 27, 2019, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Westjet
Westjet Fare Codes

Hi all. New to the forum.

I have been trying to locate fare codes for Westjet with no luck so far. I usually book on Expedia and they don't specify "Basic" or "Econo" or "EconoFlex", etc. They just say for example class "M" or "N".

Does anyone have a chart that converts these letters to Westjet's new system?

Thanks.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 12:25 pm

I believe the WestJet chart here shows all of the relevant codes:

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-partners.html

(Click on Westjet, then on the box that appears)
Old Feb 28, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: WestJet Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Basic: E
Econo: L K T X S N Q H
Econo Flex: M B Y
Premium: O R
Premium: Flex: W
Business: D C
Business Flex: J

Last edited by WJter; Feb 28, 2019 at 5:34 pm
Old Feb 28, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by WJter
Basic: E
Econo: L K T X S N Q H
Econo Flex: M B J
Premium: O R
Premium: Flex: W
Business: D C
Business Flex: J
So they are using J for an economy flex and business flex at the same time? I doubt it.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 5:34 pm

Programs: WestJet Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Oops sorry, Y for Econo Flex
Old Feb 28, 2019, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Westjet
Thanks very much for the chart. It will make my bookings much easier.

For anyone who does not already know, they currently have a promotion where you can double the qualifying spend with certain fare classes (Premium or above). It's a 75% bonus for EconoFlex and only 25% for Econo, so I'm hoping to avoid the Econo fares. Should be an easy way to get milestone companion flights.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 4:26 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Shebamiles, WorldPerks
What fare class is the member exclusive fares?
Old Apr 24, 2019, 5:29 am

https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/travel...-fares/options

* Refer to Econo attributes for Member Exclusive fares.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 5:33 pm

For a good view including fare bases: https://www.westjettravelagents.com/resources/

Look for Fare Options reference chart (effective March 11, 2019) under General References.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Anyone here crediting their WS flights to DL?

That chart is pretty helpful, but it still doesn't address everything. For example, I just looked up YVR-LAX. Under economy, I see basic, econo, and econoFlex. How do I know if econoFlex is M, B, or Y? It can be a huge difference if crediting to DL because only B and Y gets 100% with DL while M gets only 50%.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
Anyone here crediting their WS flights to DL?

That chart is pretty helpful, but it still doesn't address everything. For example, I just looked up YVR-LAX. Under economy, I see basic, econo, and econoFlex. How do I know if econoFlex is M, B, or Y? It can be a huge difference if crediting to DL because only B and Y gets 100% with DL while M gets only 50%.
They've done a fine service to customer by getting rid of the chart again in the link I posted (so here it is again: Look for How to identify WestJet fare bundles in the GDS found on this page https://www.westjettravelagents.com/...eral-reference). They have multiple fare buckets for the same "class" of fare (e.g. Econo Flex). So all M B Y fares are econo flex. If you want a B or Y fare then ask for it from your travel agent or from WestJet or check the fare basis code before paying assuming they do that. I use a human TA for all tickets which means I don't face this issue because we can discuss what fare basis makes sense. The price gap between M and either B or Y might not justify paying for other than M if the cost is ridiculous for the same benefits/costs.

Here's their current chart again.

Old Jul 28, 2019, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ricktoronto
They've done a fine service to customer by getting rid of the chart again in the link I posted (so here it is again: Look for How to identify WestJet fare bundles in the GDS found on this page https://www.westjettravelagents.com/...eral-reference). They have multiple fare buckets for the same "class" of fare (e.g. Econo Flex). So all M B Y fares are econo flex. If you want a B or Y fare then ask for it from your travel agent or from WestJet or check the fare basis code before paying assuming they do that. I use a human TA for all tickets which means I don't face this issue because we can discuss what fare basis makes sense. The price gap between M and either B or Y might not justify paying for other than M if the cost is ridiculous for the same benefits/costs.

Here's their current chart again.

Thanks Rick!

I almost always book my airfare myself online. I haven't booked with a human rep in a very long time. To be honest, I don't really want to fly with WS if the price is the same as AC. I guess I've been fairly lucky as I've been targeted by WS with the bonus WS Dollars for a while now. I seem to get $50 from them every 3-4 months. I guess I should assume the worse that I'll get the lower booking class. It's frustrating that WS doesn't even display the booking class online while AC does.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 2:23 pm

Maybe more useful with all the costs and so on.

V1213 likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
Thanks Rick!

I've been targeted by WS with the bonus WS Dollars for a while now. I seem to get $50 from them every 3-4 months. I guess I should assume the worse that I'll get the lower booking class. It's frustrating that WS doesn't even display the booking class online while AC does.
Wow only every 3-4 months, you're not on the list that gets them every month or more often. Good for the day you get it which I toss out every time.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ricktoronto
Wow only every 3-4 months, you're not on the list that gets them every month or more often. Good for the day you get it which I toss out every time.
Guess I'm not so lucky after all? lol.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.