WestJet Exec on my Flight

Old Feb 1, 19, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: WestJet Platinum, HHonors Diamond
WestJet Exec on my Flight

Just about to depart the gate for flight 653 from YYZ to YYC and Charles Duncan the Chief Strategy Officer gets on the intercom to say thanks for your business, and sorry if you had any troubles this last week due to weather. Turns out heís on our flight home. Was a nice touch!

Side note, heís sitting back about 9 rows. Guess his status didnít get him a free upgrade haha
Old Feb 1, 19, 7:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan & Manufactured Spending

Originally Posted by Troubler View Post
Just about to depart the gate for flight 653 from YYZ to YYC and Charles Duncan the Chief Strategy Officer gets on the intercom to say thanks for your business, and sorry if you had any troubles this last week due to weather. Turns out heís on our flight home. Was a nice touch!

Side note, heís sitting back about 9 rows. Guess his status didnít get him a free upgrade haha
Wonder if he helped groom the plane post-flight.
WR Cage likes this.
Old Feb 1, 19, 8:31 am

I had Greg Saretsky on my flight once. He did the same thing made an announcement and said if anyone had any questions or comments they could come and see him at his seat.

He did help groom the aircraft when we got to Vancouver.
Symmetre likes this.
Old Feb 1, 19, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by tcook052 View Post
Unless it was the last flight of the day for the aircraft (which 653 doesnít seem to be), he would be grooming the plane.
Old Feb 1, 19, 9:10 am

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tcook052 View Post
The few flights I have been on a WestJet flight with an exec, they helped groom the plane after the flight. And they sat in coach. I appreciate that!
Troubler likes this.
Old Feb 1, 19, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: WestJet Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Didnít get a chance to see if he helped with grooming, but he did do at least the first service run for economy.
Old Feb 1, 19, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Troubler View Post
Didnít get a chance to see if he helped with grooming, but he did do at least the first service run for economy.
That's generally a no-no on unionized carriers.
Old Feb 2, 19, 12:07 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by cedric View Post
That's generally a no-no on unionized carriers.
One of the bad traits of unions. I have had management roles in companies with positive relationships with their unions and marginal relationships.

Having the executives being open and willing to engage with the customers is a strong positive for WestJet. Having the executives pitch in and help front line staff is about building a collaborative culture and learning about what is working and not working in the operation to drive improvements in work processes and the customer experience. You would hope the union understands and supports those goals.
Troubler and 575M like this.
Old Feb 3, 19, 8:52 am

Programs: AC*G-E50K (former AC*G-SE100K for 3 yrs)
Please ask if they are joining sky team or one world
mellon and Fiordland like this.

Search this Thread