Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Calendar shows Westjet Exclusive fare - but none exist?

Old Jan 24, 19, 4:43 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT

I was trying to book a Wesjet Exclusive fare using my Westjet dollars. The calendar showed availability.

Calendar shows availability - but when you click on a date there is no availability.

Any suggestions as to how I can see a calendar of availability that actually exists?

I stupidly saw this calendar, and the dates matched what I wanted. I only had $12 in my account so I couldn't look. So I went ahead and purchased some dollars, and when I go to purchase - there are no fares at the advertised price.
Old Jan 24, 19, 4:52 pm

Programs: Former AC*E, WorldPerks, Air Miles
That's just the lowest WSD fare. There could be a basic fare that is pricing out to that. You can use ExpertFlyer to check for availability.
Old Jan 24, 19, 6:45 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Here let me show another example. If you look at this calendar of WestJet Exclusive fares

Looks like availability everyday!

But if you select a date, the lowest fare is $99

Seems a little misleading to me. Says $99 fare available, but lowest fare shown is $109

So tell me where is this $99 fare they are advertising in the top? And in the calendar for that matter? I would think it should be illegal to advertise something and then not sell at the advertised price?
Old Jan 24, 19, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by smilee View Post
So tell me where is this $99 fare they are advertising in the top? And in the calendar for that matter? I would think it should be illegal to advertise something and then not sell at the advertised price?
You should have a member exclusive column if you are logged in and have enough WSD, it is showing up for the selection you chose, when I view it:

Old Jan 25, 19, 7:19 am

While it's likely ME fares are available in your example and Aerobod's explanation makes sense, keep in mind that calendar doesn't "show" ME fares. It is showing you the lowest fare based on using WSD, which may actually be $99 WSD but a regular fare (likely basic). If you want to be sure use a tool like ExpertFlyer to show inventory.
Old Jan 30, 19, 12:04 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

OK - I see in the FAQ
Thanks everyone for your help.

The problem was I didn't have enough Westjet Dollars in my account to show the Member Exclusive column. Even though there were 4 seats, I didn't have 4 * 99 in my account.

I am pleased with how much inventory Member Exclusive fares offer in some markets - especially flights to Toronto and Montreal. I had no idea until I read it on a blog. However I find that there is not many non Canadian destinations that I have discovered that are good deals with Westjet dollars.

One last question, can you change or cancel Member only fares? I didn't see that information anywhere when I clicked the link.

Last edited by smilee; Jan 30, 19 at 12:17 pm
Old Jan 30, 19, 3:16 pm

I asked this very question to an agent. Same rules as Econo. I think it's 4 seats per flight reserved for ME.
Old Feb 3, 19, 12:51 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy View Post
If you want to be sure use a tool like ExpertFlyer to show inventory.
What fare class does one look for on EF?
Old Feb 4, 19, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith View Post
What fare class does one look for on EF?
I forget the fare code off the top of my head but WS is an option under Award/Upgrades and will match WS ME inventory.
Old Feb 12, 19, 8:22 pm

Programs: *Gold
So, if one books a Member Exclusive Fare, is that the same as Basic where you can't change seats even at check-in?

LAS-YHZ is currently $242 on wesjet.com
The same flights on the Member Exclusive is $125WSD + $25 CAD = $150 for the same flight. Almost $100 less? Seems good, no?
Old Feb 13, 19, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by pilotboy1985YYC View Post
So, if one books a Member Exclusive Fare, is that the same as Basic where you can't change seats even at check-in?

LAS-YHZ is currently $242 on wesjet.com
The same flights on the Member Exclusive is $125WSD + $25 CAD = $150 for the same flight. Almost $100 less? Seems good, no?
Member Exclusive fares follow the Econo rules for seat selection with the ability to select a standard seat for free at -24hr and upgrade to Plus for a fee, info is available in the Seat Selection FAQ and under Seat Fees.
pilotboy1985YYC and YXUFlyboy like this.

Search this Thread