"sold out" for Dec 17 2019 and later?

Old Jan 24, 19, 9:04 am
Original Poster

"sold out" for Dec 17 2019 and later?

Anyone know why Dec 17 and later (2019) and flights are showing as "sold out"? Up to Dec 21, at this time. I tried a handful of routes, and same thing for each of them. (Blank beyond Dec 21, but I expect that since Dec 21 is 330 days from now.)

Just taking a while to figure out their pricing... everywhere?
Old Jan 24, 19, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by 28isGreat View Post
Anyone know why Dec 17 and later (2019) and flights are showing as "sold out"? Up to Dec 21, at this time. I tried a handful of routes, and same thing for each of them. (Blank beyond Dec 21, but I expect that since Dec 21 is 330 days from now.)

Just taking a while to figure out their pricing... everywhere?
Likely the price point for the busiest part of the Christmas period hasnít been set yet, maybe analyzing the data from this past Christmas and determining what the initial pricing for those dates should be.

They donít always keep pricing available 330 days out, sometimes can be down to 300 days or so on existing routes before the pricing is released.
tcook052 likes this.
Old Jan 25, 19, 7:22 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Platinum
In past practice have Dec 24 and 31 been open for seat sales while other holiday dates are blacked out?
Old Jan 25, 19, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Altaflyer View Post
In past practice have Dec 24 and 31 been open for seat sales while other holiday dates are blacked out?
Normally the blackout period for seat sales has been 3 weeks - from the weekend before Christmas to the one after New Year. In the past flight loads used to be quite low on 25 Dec and 1st Jan, but that doesnít seemed to have been the case for a few years now.
Old Jan 30, 19, 11:57 am

Programs: TK*G, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Gold
I have been watching this for a week YYZ-NAS Dec 21-28. The plan is to do a week of liveaboard diving instead of AI.

For the outbound, Expedia and Google flights have been showing some phantom fares on WS between $270-353, but not bookable.
AC Rouge is selling $477 lowest for the outbound, or $830 RT.
It is hard to justify that much for a quick flight to NAS when I am flying to MRU for $600 next week

Luckily, it seems AA/BA still has saver availability but requires overnight in ORD. And there is AP availability for the inbound - I guess the load is expected to be fairly low on Dec 28th.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: