Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fare Difference Refunds?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Fare Difference Refunds?

I booked a flight a few weeks ago and the price has gone down by about $20 and they have a sale that reduces the price by another $45. I paid with Westjet dollars.

I know Westjet doesn't have a price guarantee anymore, but is there a replacement program today that will refund me the fare difference in Westjet dollars?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by pokee
I booked a flight a few weeks ago and the price has gone down by about $20 and they have a sale that reduces the price by another $45. I paid with Westjet dollars.

I know Westjet doesn't have a price guarantee anymore, but is there a replacement program today that will refund me the fare difference in Westjet dollars?
Short answer - No.

If you change your mind within 24 hours of purchase you can get a full refund to the original form of payment, then buy a cheaper ticket if the price has decreased. You can also pay the change fee and buy the lower priced ticket with the credit received (unless it is a Basic ticket which has no refunds or changes after 24 hours of purchase).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.