Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

WS Plat/Gold, Post your Upgrade Sucess Here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WS Plat/Gold, Post your Upgrade Sucess Here

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2019, 6:17 pm

I hope you folks are voicing your upgrade (in)consistency concerns to WS!

Aerobod doesn’t work for the company anymore but is there anyone on here who does that can take these concerns back to their superiors?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by YYCguy
I hope you folks are voicing your upgrade (in)consistency concerns to WS!

Aerobod doesn’t work for the company anymore but is there anyone on here who does that can take these concerns back to their superiors?
Yes, that will be the tipping point they need to spend more money.
Can you pay for upgrades at check-in with WS dollars? I don't upgrade but if so, since higher tiers earn more dollars they are kind of giving a benefit over non-"elite" and they don't need this oddball lottery they seem to have created.
If not, then it's a great way to use up WS dollars liability.
Or maybe use WS dollars and raise the price for non elite and give (lower) variable pricing for elite. That would be fairly easy to program since even the upgrade fees are not fixed so they are able to pretty much charge what the market will bear.
I don't have any concerns and there are more assured paths to the front few rows.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: Westjet Rewards, Platinum
I've yet to score a complimentary upgrade since the changes. How does one even know if one has been upgraded? Weird system.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by dv7834
I've yet to score a complimentary upgrade since the changes. How does one even know if one has been upgraded? Weird system.
If you are in a Plus seat you didn't pay for that's a sure sign.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:36 pm

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
If you are in a Plus seat you didn't pay for that's a sure sign.
Unfortunately you cannot see a seat map to see where they put you!! Yeah, I know, you can always buy a plus fare!

Last edited by Arthurrs; Jan 22, 2019 at 5:47 pm
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:46 pm

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
It's a strange system indeed. Did you buy a economy flex fare? Did you check to see seat availability for the plus section of the plane? Prior to T-24 hours, you should be able to go online and look at your itinerary, and see that the class of service has changed to "Premium" for each segment if you have indeed been upgraded. The thing that bothers me is that you cannot see or change your seat selection that was "automatically" processed until you actually check in online.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; Air Canada E75K; Westjet Platinum
It is basically a lottery now. WJ is the house. You have to buy their more expensive fare just for a chance to be entered into their lottery which they might or might not upgrade you, even with 7 empty premium seats in my case. Keep playing the lottery by buying Econoflex in the hopes that one day you will be the lucky one.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:00 pm

Programs: Westjet Rewards, Platinum
Originally Posted by Arthurrs
It's a strange system indeed. Did you buy a economy flex fare? Did you check to see seat availability for the plus section of the plane? Prior to T-24 hours, you should be able to go online and look at your itinerary, and see that the class of service has changed to "Premium" for each segment if you have indeed been upgraded. The thing that bothers me is that you cannot see or change your seat selection that was "automatically" processed until you actually check in online.
Yes, economy flex fares. Thanks for the info re looking online at itinerary prior to T-24.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: WestJet Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Date: Jan 28
Flight: WS 662
Route: YYC-YYZ
Upgraded: (Y/N): Y
Original Fare: Flex
When?: T-48

Havevn’t been upgraded for my YXX-YYC leg yet. Maybe it’s sold out. Ah well, I’ll take an upgrade on the longer portion any day of the week
Old Jan 26, 2019, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by Troubler
Date: Jan 28
Flight: WS 662
Route: YYC-YYZ
When?: T-48

Havevn’t been upgraded for my YXX-YYC leg yet. Maybe it’s sold out. Ah well, I’ll take an upgrade on the longer portion any day of the week
How many empty seats were there in Plus?
Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by Sunny Day
How many empty seats were there in Plus?
I can’t really tell, for some reason it’s not letting me look at a seat map in the app or on the website. Just looked and I’ve been upgraded on my YXX-YYC leg now too, so:

Date: Jan 28 2019
Flight: WS 450
Route: YXX-YYC
When?: T-36

*update now that I can check in and see seats. No seats left in premium on my YYZ leg a couple posts up. There’s 2 seats left on the YYC flight on this post.
Frequentlander likes this.

Last edited by Troubler; Jan 27, 2019 at 10:08 am
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:14 pm

Programs: Air Canada 75K, WestJet Platinum, Marriott Titanium
1. Book Economy Flex
2. Be Platinum or Gold
3. Some Plus seats available on the flight or segment

I’ve been getting upgrades because I book Flex on flights where there open seats ~36 hours prior to flight. For me it’s not automatic or anything but from my experience it’s better than AC, United, Delta, or Alaska.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:23 pm

Yep, I just got upgraded for my two legs back home from Toronto. Both upgraded around T-24. When I checked in, about half the premium seats were available. I'm 4/4 so far this year, admittedly my travel is just starting to ramp up again since Platinum officially launched.
jkordyback likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:51 pm

May be they only upgrade Platinum members not Gold.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:24 pm

Gold status
Date: Feb 20, 2019
Flight: WS 670
Route: YYC-LAX
When?: T-36ish

Upgraded from Econ to Premium on the 787 inaugural! Flying business on the way there, so happy to try out the premium product. Looked like there were only a couple seats in business so not surprised I didn’t clear all the way up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.