Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Use WestJet Rewards to pay for companion fare?

Old Dec 24, 18, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Westjet Rewards

Couldn't find the answer anywhere: can I use the rewards dollars to pay for either companion fare or the card holder fare? Or are the rewards dollars strictly separate and I cannot use them towards a companion fare transaction? What about the taxes?

Thanks for any help!
Old Dec 24, 18, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by royster View Post
Couldn't find the answer anywhere: can I use the rewards dollars to pay for either companion fare or the card holder fare? Or are the rewards dollars strictly separate and I cannot use them towards a companion fare transaction? What about the taxes?

Thanks for any help!
Reward $ can be used for companion fare; not for taxes/fees.

"What can I use my WestJet dollars towards?
WestJet dollars can be used like cash to pay for all or part of the base fare of an eligible flight or vacation package, available on westjet.com or through WestJet’s contact centre. WestJet dollars cannot be applied against taxes, fees or charges and can only be used for new bookings. For more information about eligible flights and fares, visit westjet.com/redeem.

How do I book a flight using a companion voucher?
Book your companion voucher online. You will have the option to use WestJet dollars on your purchase once you have entered the companion voucher booking path. To make changes to an existing companion voucher booking, call 1-888-WESTJET (937-8538)."
YYCguy likes this.

Search this Thread