767 Plus to LGW

Old Nov 17, 18, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
767 Plus to LGW

I did a search but could not seem to find anything directly related to my question. Curious about the 767 on LGW route from YYZ. I am trying to figure out if the Plus seats have a footrest that is attached to the seat itself or if it pops down from the seat in front. Can anyone confirm as I am debating booking Row 1 but would avoid if it's missing the footrest (like on AC Premium Economy).

Also curious if the galley is bothersome being in Row 1. It's a redeye flight to LGW so I'd not want to be disturbed by lights and noise from galley.

I am a pretty loyal AC but can book a Premium fare on Westjet for about the same price as Economy on Air Canada with Preferred Seats.

Thanks!
Old Nov 17, 18, 8:51 am

Hello! Each Premium seat on the 767 has a built in leg/foot rest, including Row 1. Outside of meal service times, the galley, which is separated from the Premium cabin by the lavatory on the right side and the main cabin door on the left, is fairly quiet due to usually only one or two cabin crew in the galley at any given time. If youíre concerned about noise though, perhaps choose Row 2 or 3 just to be on the safe side. Premium seats recline quite a bit though so if thatís a concern maybe Row 1 still might be the best choice.
Old Nov 17, 18, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Thanks!

Will they hand out premium passport control passes to Premium passengers?

Upon departure is there access to the premium security line or the lounge at LGW?
Old Nov 17, 18, 1:44 pm

Unfortunately I donít have an answer to those questions. Anyone else can help?
Old Nov 17, 18, 4:41 pm

Programs: WS Plat., AS Gold, Winner "Misanthropes to Watch" (1984)
Originally Posted by seegs View Post
Thanks!

Will they hand out premium passport control passes to Premium passengers?

Upon departure is there access to the premium security line or the lounge at LGW?
Yes, there is lounge access at LGW for Premium/Plus
No premium passport control or security vouchers as far as I know
Old Nov 18, 18, 9:49 am

However, ePassport gates will be open next year to Canadians (without special registration).

https://www.rhinocarhire.com/Car-Hir...pen-to-US.aspx
Old Nov 18, 18, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the all the help.

One last stupid question, on Rouge 767 there is a slot in the seat in front for a tablet. Does Westjet have the same? What about Row 1?
Old Nov 18, 18, 4:02 pm

Tablet slots are available in all rows except Rows 1 and 17.
Old Nov 19, 18, 4:07 pm

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.
Originally Posted by seegs View Post
Upon departure is there access to the premium security line or the lounge at LGW?[/left]
"Premium Gatwick" includes premium security and lounge access, however I don't believe I was ever told about the premium security at check-in when I obtained the sticker.
Old Nov 19, 18, 4:49 pm

Programs: WS Plat., AS Gold, Winner "Misanthropes to Watch" (1984)
Originally Posted by Error 601 View Post
"Premium Gatwick" includes premium security and lounge access, however I don't believe I was ever told about the premium security at check-in when I obtained the sticker.
I've flown WS from LGW a few times in Plus/Premium but never been told about the premium security.
Old Nov 20, 18, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Interesting, it's on the WestJet website as being available. See here: https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/travel...rity-screening
Old Nov 20, 18, 11:00 am

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.
Originally Posted by Frequentlander View Post
I've flown WS from LGW a few times in Plus/Premium but never been told about the premium security.
My hunch is WestJet only has to pay for the Premium Gatwick privileges that are used so the staff at LGW doesn't volunteer the information.

Search this Thread