FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   WestJet | WestJet Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/westjet-westjet-rewards-606/)
-   -   Changes to WS vacation booking? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/westjet-westjet-rewards/1938327-changes-ws-vacation-booking.html)

a4racer Oct 31, 2018 2:36 pm

Changes to WS vacation booking?

Going from YYJ-YVR-OGG next week and back again in a week or so on a package deal through WS vacations...we might want to travel to YVR the night before--tried changing our flights through WS, but they said no changes within 21d of travel. Thinking of just taking the ferry over the night before and no-showing the YYJ-YVR leg...will that deboard us for the YVR-OGG leg? I'm happy to clear that with WS as well. Also, may have to no show the YVR-YYJ leg at the end of the trip as business may have me flying east the same day--any issues with me no-showing that leg if the family takes that flight?

Thanks!!!

tcook052 Oct 31, 2018 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by a4racer (Post 30378434)
Going from YYJ-YVR-OGG next week and back again in a week or so on a package deal through WS vacations...we might want to travel to YVR the night before--tried changing our flights through WS, but they said no changes within 21d of travel.

Makes sense as that's what their tour company T&C say.

Thinking of just taking the ferry over the night before and no-showing the YYJ-YVR leg...will that deboard us for the YVR-OGG leg? I'm happy to clear that with WS as well.
Yes, no showing for your first flight will cancel all subsequent segments, although they may make an exception on a case-by-case basis. Don't be surprised however if they don't grant your wish because after all you agreed to the T&C.

Also, may have to no show the YVR-YYJ leg at the end of the trip as business may have me flying east the same day--any issues with me no-showing that leg if the family takes that flight?
Doubtful as there could be many reason why you didn't take the last leg and WS is unlikely to ask why you didn't but just don;t check any luggage and you should be alright.

a4racer Nov 1, 2018 10:10 pm

What if...

Originally Posted by tcook052 (Post 30379499)
Makes sense as that's what their tour company T&C say.

Yes, no showing for your first flight will cancel all subsequent segments, although they may make an exception on a case-by-case basis. Don't be surprised however if they don't grant your wish because after all you agreed to the T&C.

Doubtful as there could be many reason why you didn't take the last leg and WS is unlikely to ask why you didn't but just don;t check any luggage and you should be alright.

What if we cancelled the first leg, the YYJ-YVR leg, leaving just the YVR-OGG leg and on the return, OGG-YVR-YYJ? It seems odd to me that our traveling to YVR the night before to avoid potential delays and missed connections (we've had a lot of fog here in YYJ lately) might result in us losing the main, YVR-OGG leg. I do understand the T&C, it just strikes me as odd...

ricktoronto Nov 2, 2018 10:05 am

Originally Posted by a4racer (Post 30383604)
What if we cancelled the first leg, the YYJ-YVR leg, leaving just the YVR-OGG leg and on the return, OGG-YVR-YYJ? It seems odd to me that our traveling to YVR the night before to avoid potential delays and missed connections (we've had a lot of fog here in YYJ lately) might result in us losing the main, YVR-OGG leg. I do understand the T&C, it just strikes me as odd...

This sounds like a package deal and they've said that there are no changes and dropping a flight sounds a lot like a change. The no-show will deffo leave you canoeing to Hawaii no matter how you get to Vancouver. No doubt the tour company is part of WestJet but I think for ages these tour operators file tariffs that are strict and waiving or changing them is usually a pointless thing to try.

tcook052 Nov 2, 2018 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by a4racer (Post 30383604)

Odd how? You agreed to the T&C which very clearly say 'no changes or cancellations within 21 days of departure' yet now you want to makes changes or cancellations within 21 days of departure. If you had concerns about potential delays and missed connections why wasn't the package booked as ex YVR from the outset?

Having worked with WS Vac. on an almost daily basis since its inception IME they are willing to be somewhat flexible when necessary however this doesn't seem like an extenuating circumstance and so wouldn't be surprised if they weren't willing to make the changes you seek. Have you contacted WS Vac about your changes or cancellations? If so what was the reply?