FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   WestJet | WestJet Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/westjet-westjet-rewards-606/)
-   -   Westjet customer complaint line/portal? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/westjet-westjet-rewards/1936814-westjet-customer-complaint-line-portal.html)

HomerJ Oct 22, 2018 10:02 am

Westjet customer complaint line/portal?

All I had a very unsatisfactory experience from start to finish on a recent WJ flight.
So I went to FB posted a message directly to WJ, and the chatbot said someone would get back to me after I posted my FF #.
Anyone have any experience as to how long it takes for someone to get back to you.
Issue happened last Thursday, but the chatbot said quickly.
So whats your experience with quickly and if they don't get back to me, any suggestions for next steps?

Frequentlander Oct 22, 2018 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by HomerJ (Post 30343074)
All I had a very unsatisfactory experience from start to finish on a recent WJ flight.
So I went to FB posted a message directly to WJ, and the chatbot said someone would get back to me after I posted my FF #.
Anyone have any experience as to how long it takes for someone to get back to you.
Issue happened last Thursday, but the chatbot said quickly.
So whats your experience with quickly and if they don't get back to me, any suggestions for next steps?

They respond to Twitter quite quickly and then you can switch over to e-mail once they have your PNR etc.

Arthurrs Oct 22, 2018 12:54 pm

Yeah, sending messages through facebook is always a slow ordeal, you always get an automatic response, and if that doesn't answer the question, you respond and wait a day or so to get a response back from a real person. Twitter is the better way for a quick resolution.

HomerJ Oct 22, 2018 2:13 pm

Geez I may have to finally set up a twitter account :D
Thanks.

Frequentlander Oct 22, 2018 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by HomerJ (Post 30344062)
Geez I may have to finally set up a twitter account :D
Thanks.

In general it's a toxic plague pit fire but is does have a few uses and getting the attention of customer service is one of them.

ricktoronto Oct 23, 2018 8:47 am

Posting a question like "how is it that WestJet cannot issue my ticket in 10 days" sort of thing as a tweet vs. a DM gets a faster response than starting with a DM. They will often blanch at the fact you pointed out a foible and DM you trying to fix it (and hope to take down the tweet).

Note be aware that the Twitter team might be fast but they are often less than accurate (e.g. completely wrong), and when you have to correct them (more than once) they offer that it will be a training opportunity. Vs. moving someone wrong all the time off the Twitter team.

flyingstudent Oct 23, 2018 3:54 pm

I wouldn't bother complaining at all. I recently wrote a long email complaining a horrible LAX-YYZ redeye with the rudest FA scolding me for coming to the back, opening the curtain, and asking for water. I got a generic sorry email a few weeks later. Vote with your wallet.

HomerJ Oct 24, 2018 1:57 pm

I refuse to have to set up a twitter account just for this purpose and have sent an old school email complaint.
I had so many issues I had to send a second email as they have a character maximum on their email complaint portal.
I shall keep you posted.

Frequentlander Oct 24, 2018 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by HomerJ (Post 30351835)
I refuse to have to set up a twitter account just for this purpose and have sent an old school email complaint.
I had so many issues I had to send a second email as they have a character maximum on their email complaint portal.
I shall keep you posted.

I e-mailed them a complaint back in July. It took them a few weeks to respond.

I received a canned apology plus 120 WestJet dollars, which is better than no apology and no WestJet dollars.

Sunny Day Oct 25, 2018 12:09 pm

What was the issue if OP care to share? It seems like service quality has been hit and miss lately, more miss actually. Just inconsistent.
Ex., passenger next to me in Plus wanted several items from the menu and was told by FA that she is only allowed one item as others still haven't been served yet. Truth is there is a lot in that cart and guaranteed it wouldn't run out. If that is the case, the FA didn't come back after the first round of service to offer her what she wanted the first time.

HomerJ Oct 25, 2018 1:49 pm

One day response from an email. $125 WJ in my account.
Main issue was arriving before cut off time for an earlier flight and the GA telling me the flight was closed anyways.
Make matters worse I walked by the gate only to find flight was delayed.
So I waited at YWG for 3 hrs for the next flight, instead of going home on a Friday afternoon on the earlier flight which I had tried to check in on time.