FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   WestJet | WestJet Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/westjet-westjet-rewards-606/)
-   -   Where are the lounges? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/westjet-westjet-rewards/1936296-where-lounges.html)

YXUFlyboy Oct 18, 2018 6:24 pm

Where are the lounges?

WestJet Plans for Lounges

This article says 18 months - so presumably we'd see something in 6 months at least in YYC where we are seeing their 787 launch. I've heard nothing, has this initiative been shelved?

Frequentlander Oct 18, 2018 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy (Post 30330677)
WestJet Plans for Lounges

This article says 18 months - so presumably we'd see something in 6 months at least in YYC where we are seeing their 787 launch. I've heard nothing, has this initiative been shelved?

The article is behind a paywall but.....
There is construction work going on in concourse B at YVR (which is the concourse that WS uses) and a WS lounge is rumoured to be behind the curtain. This work is slated to finish next June Various Improvements to Pier B | YVR I can't vouch for the reliability of the rumours....or of course, the reliability of ANY construction schedule.

CanuckFlyHigh Oct 20, 2018 1:16 pm

Any idea where the YEG and YYC lounges will go? The priority pass lounge in Calgary is SO BAD

Fiordland Oct 20, 2018 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh (Post 30337064)
Any idea where the YEG and YYC lounges will go? The priority pass lounge in Calgary is SO BAD

In YYC just as you get to B concourse walking from A there is an elevator and what looks to be stairs going up somewhere above the concourse. What is that? A spot for a future lounge?

Honestly what would make sense in YYC is for the WestJet to go into the location of the current priority pass lounge. Then the priority pass lounge goes over to B concourse.

calgaryhhr Oct 20, 2018 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by Fiordland (Post 30337143)
In YYC just as you get to B concourse walking from A there is an elevator and what looks to be stairs going up somewhere above the concourse. What is that? A spot for a future lounge?

Honestly what would make sense in YYC is for the WestJet to go into the location of the current priority pass lounge. Then the priority pass lounge goes over to B concourse.

Years ago there was a lounge up there, I believe it was the Rocky Mountain lounge. It was a pretty decent lounge. I would assume it would be a logical choice for a Westjet lounge although the location sucks for access to gates.

Fiordland Oct 21, 2018 8:35 am

Originally Posted by calgaryhhr (Post 30338148)
Years ago there was a lounge up there, I believe it was the Rocky Mountain lounge. It was a pretty decent lounge. I would assume it would be a logical choice for a Westjet lounge although the location sucks for access to gates.

Ok, that makes sense the old Rocky Mountain lounge is likely a better location for AMEX/Priority Pass lounge as it gets both WestJet and AC passengers. The WestJet can take over the current pay lounge in A concourse.