Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Westjet launches YYC-CDG, YYC-DUB, upgauges YYC-LGW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westjet launches YYC-CDG, YYC-DUB, upgauges YYC-LGW

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2018, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by tcook052
That was my first reaction to DUB but then remembered reading that tourism to Ireland is soaring, especially from N. America, up 8% Jan. - Aug. over previous year.
Is that enough, though? What about business travel.
Tourists would likely be OK to take one stop service.
Why deploy a business-heavy aircraft on a leisure route?
Old Oct 21, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by cedric
Is that enough, though? What about business travel.
Tourists would likely be OK to take one stop service.
Why deploy a business-heavy aircraft on a leisure route?
Perhaps because it is an airline that does well with leisure travelers and is still trying to find its way in addressing the needs of business travelers.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
Originally Posted by tcook052
That was my first reaction to DUB but then remembered reading that tourism to Ireland is soaring, especially from N. America, up 8% Jan. - Aug. over previous year.
There are a significant number of companies that have their European operations headquartered in Ireland for tax reasons so there is a measurable business travel market to DUB.
tcook052 likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 7:35 pm

Anyone know if the business class seats will be bookable with SkyMiles or FlyingBlue? Economy "V" award space is available.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: AC 35k
Originally Posted by decerbod
Anyone know if the business class seats will be bookable with SkyMiles or FlyingBlue? Economy "V" award space is available.
It's not bookable using WS's own program yet (discounted). I'll be pissed if they release to partners first.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 9:01 pm

There are some competitive fares next summer YYC-CDG in business, on offer right now.

Sample Jul 26-Aug 17 $3488. That's pretty good for a non stop flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.