WESTJET 20% OFF Book by Sept 26 9:59pm MT

Old Sep 25, 18, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
WESTJET 20% OFF Book by Sept 26 9:59pm MT

On twitter Westjet has 15% off, however, I received an email for 20% off.

With this exclusive two-day WestJet Rewards offer, you can plan your next getaway now and save 20% off Econo and Plus (Lowest) base fares.* Choose your destination and your fare, book today with the discount code, and soon you’ll save big on travel to Canada, U.S. Mexico and the Caribbean. That's right, 20% off. Exclusive savings make being a Rewards member worthwhile. Hurry, offer ends soon. The family has several different WESTJET accounts and all have the same code.
Book by:September 26, 2018 (9:59 p.m. MT)
Destinations:Canada, U.S., Mexico and the CaribbeanTravel period:October 10 - December 19, 2018
New bookings only. Blackout dates apply.

Coupon code:

S50HF26
Old Sep 26, 18, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, SPG/Marriott Bonvoy Gold
They send one of these "offers" a week. A day, two days, maybe three days to book. I cannot imagine it is very effective because you need a real coalescing of your plans or willingness to commit to a trip with their short deadlines for these promotions.
They never seem to offer the discount on Plus Flexible which is pretty dumb. The fare could be $1,000 more (say YVR or SJO or LIR) so they worry about another $200 discount where they'd keep another $800 of the fare, vs. putting a person in the same seat on the same flight and earning 80% of 1/2 the base fare. THe only risk to them is someone cancels or changes the date, hardly a huge risk.
I have an alliance arrangement with 15% off all their fares all the time so this is even more pointless.
Old Sep 27, 18, 11:12 am
Original Poster

It is good if you were planning a trip and hadn't purchased the tickets yet.
Old Sep 27, 18, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by manually View Post
It is good if you were planning a trip and hadn't purchased the tickets yet.
Known as the old "fluke-er-oo" marketing program.
It looks good and probably costs them little given the haste required.
The fare type restrictions make so sense at all.
Old Sep 28, 18, 11:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; Air Canada E75K; Westjet Platinum
I keep track of prices and these flash sales lasting 48 hours are not really a sale, same price after the discount as before.
Old Oct 1, 18, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sunny Day View Post
I keep track of prices and these flash sales lasting 48 hours are not really a sale, same price after the discount as before.
Can't this be a reportable (to the Canadian equivalent of the DOT) offence?
Old Oct 2, 18, 1:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; Air Canada E75K; Westjet Platinum
I have been monitoring YEG PHX and despite 4 separate sales in the last 4 weeks - exclusive promo codes, 48 hour flash sale, 1 day only 20% off, thanksgiving sale... The price has remained at $1920. It is quite dishonest.
Old Oct 2, 18, 2:04 pm

Sales are usually not on all days, and only on selected routes. I bet YYC-PHX is super biz these days with snowbirds on their way down or weekend golf getaways, and not needing to be put on sale.
Old Oct 2, 18, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Sunny Day View Post
I have been monitoring YEG PHX and despite 4 separate sales in the last 4 weeks - exclusive promo codes, 48 hour flash sale, 1 day only 20% off, thanksgiving sale... The price has remained at $1920. It is quite dishonest.
Sale prices won’t give discounts to all tickets, at $1920, it must be a higher demand time for that route and won’t be discounted, you can get YEG-PHX return for $1200 in Plus and $400 in Econo at the moment without a sale, they are the tickets more likely to be discounted due to much higher availability.
Old Oct 2, 18, 10:07 pm

News flash I got another offer today good until October 4th. These e-mails are becoming that weekly "newspaper" full of flyers that arrives every week with coupons and offers at 98 different places you don't intend to go to.
Sunny Day did not really give much perspective on this $1,920 fare issue but I suspect it's more than one ticket. Even over Xmas (which one assumes must be the case for this huge price) there are Plus fares for $955 plus taxes.
The most expensive Plus base fare I could find was $1,571 and for non-Plus M fares non stop for $947.
Interesting paid M coach fares are only $8 less on the same route as Plus fares.

Search this Thread