Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

WestJet Rewards teases new level above Gold.

WestJet Rewards teases new level above Gold.

Old Sep 21, 2018, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by Arthurrs
While I'm sure they are still working on the details, it would be kinda nice to know where the goalposts are for this higher tier. I'm planning my travel for the rest of the year! 10K? 12K? 15K?
Completely agree... And what's included? I'll stay with AC for now jntil WJ can communicate
Old Sep 30, 2018, 3:51 pm

October... And stil no announcement

I get get the staggered launch but why no details?
Old Sep 30, 2018, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by Calgary661
I get get the staggered launch but why no details?
There is unlikely to be any public release of route and program changes until the day of or just after the Q3 Analysts Call, as Board meetings to finalise announcements normally happen the day before the Analysts Call. The next call should be on 9 Oct, as it is normally on a Tuesday and is only announced 7 days before. Details of any significant changes will not be announced without proper release to the stock market.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 9:09 pm

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
Originally Posted by aerobod
There is unlikely to be any public release of route and program changes until the day of or just after the Q3 Analysts Call, as Board meetings to finalise announcements normally happen the day before the Analysts Call. The next call should be on 9 Oct, as it is normally on a Tuesday and is only announced 7 days before. Details of any significant changes will not be announced without proper release to the stock market.
.............which ties into the Dreamliner routes being announced on the 10th.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 9:46 am

Not sure why I had a brain fart and stated the date a month earlier than it should be The Analysts Call and results announcement is about a month after the quarter end, so I should have said Tues 6 Nov, not Tues 9 Oct. It does look like this year WestJet is starting to bring the call forward a week from when it is traditionally held, it is now posted as 30 Oct. So in conjunction with the route announcements that have been slated to happen as early as 10 Oct, major announcement for this quarter are likely to have happened by the 30 Oct.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 3:35 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Not sure why I had a brain fart and stated the date a month earlier than it should be The Analysts Call and results announcement is about a month after the quarter end, so I should have said Tues 6 Nov, not Tues 9 Oct. It does look like this year WestJet is starting to bring the call forward a week from when it is traditionally held, it is now posted as 30 Oct. So in conjunction with the route announcements that have been slated to happen as early as 10 Oct, major announcement for this quarter are likely to have happened by the 30 Oct.
hey no problem.
Anyway your supposed to be retired so you can't know everything...Lol!
Old Oct 3, 2018, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
Noticed a revamped member summary page for my account at Westjet. Looks a lot more organized than previously. Little steps...
Old Oct 3, 2018, 3:55 pm

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
Originally Posted by Arthurrs
Noticed a revamped member summary page for my account at Westjet. Looks a lot more organized than previously. Little steps...
Except the "Transactions" summary is now a buried couple of clicks down and not obvious to find. Used to be on the front page.

My career has taken me from telex and fax to where we are now and more and more, I'm convinced that the measure of success for an IT department is measured by how much change they can make, not necessarily improvement.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Originally Posted by Frequentlander
I'm convinced that the measure of success for an IT department is measured by how much change they can make, not necessarily improvement.
Absolutely right on! This Flyertalk website is a prime example.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.