Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

3,000 WestJet cabin crew employees officially unionized, CUPE says

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2018, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...says-1.4769327

Ron.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:35 am
Original Member

As a long term WS FA, I am proudly CUPE certified this evening. Times change, so must employee representation when necessary.

My job remains the same: To serve you, our customers to the best of my ability... that is all. That's why I do this as my career. YOU are the reason I have a job. Legally recognized representation changes nothing in terms of how I serve you, and how I ensure your safety.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 6:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Fisch
My job remains the same: To serve you, our customers to the best of my ability... that is all. That's why I do this as my career. YOU are the reason I have a job.
Hopefully this is isn't forgotten in future collective bargaining discussions.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
I'm sure

Originally Posted by Fisch
As a long term WS FA, I am proudly CUPE certified this evening. Times change, so must employee representation when necessary.

My job remains the same: To serve you, our customers to the best of my ability... that is all. That's why I do this as my career. YOU are the reason I have a job. Legally recognized representation changes nothing in terms of how I serve you, and how I ensure your safety.
...AC employees said the same thing when they first unionized and look how well that turned out.
tcook052 likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Originally Posted by tcook052
Hopefully this is isn't forgotten in future collective bargaining discussions.
As author Chester Karrass has said: “You don't get what you deserve. You get what you negotiate.”
Heffeh41 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.