Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Expiration of travel bank credits and westjet dollars

Old Jan 4, 2018, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Shebamiles, WorldPerks

At this point I don't care about the difference between travel bank credits and westjet dollars. But do either expire? I have $ in both and can't find any information.

For Westjet Dollars, I get "You don't have any expiring WestJet dollars at this time. You can learn more about WestJet dollar expiry here."

For Travel Bank Credits however, I don't have any information related to their expiration. I have funds that were added to the bank on March 11, 2017 and March 22, 2017 respectively.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 8:25 pm

Here is the link to the Travel Bank credits FAQ: https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/about-...travel-credits

Basically from the FAQ, Travel Bank credits expire 12 months after issue, but can be extended for a fee.
coastgirl likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Do I have to purchase and use the travel bank credits before expiration, or is it just use for purchase, with travel possible after the 12 months? AC doesn't allow for their credits to be used for travel beyond the 12 months and is explicit in their terms.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ETStar
Do I have to purchase and use the travel bank credits before expiration, or is it just use for purchase, with travel possible after the 12 months? AC doesn't allow for their credits to be used for travel beyond the 12 months and is explicit in their terms.
Called WS. Unlike AC, you just need to book before expiration, and can use after expiration. However, if new itinerary needs to be canceled, the credit will self expire because its validity is based on the initial 12 month extension.

Also, extending a credit by another year costs $21 provided that the credit is worth more than $100.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 9:07 pm

Programs: Mileageplus
Buying a ticket resets the expiration clock?

I bought a flight ticket off travelbank and didn't use it all. I was going to extend it but a call to WS and agent told me I now have almost a year left to use it. Looks like if you buy a ticket using travelbank, it resets the expiration which was good for me as I didn't want to use it right away.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.