Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Viewing seat availability?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2017, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
Viewing seat availability?

I'm evaluating several flight options on Westjet, but can't figure out how to view the seat maps to see what seats are unoccupied without having to go through and book a flight. I know this feature was available previously, but can't find it now. Where did it go?
Old Oct 14, 2017, 10:07 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
You have to enter a name and contact info etc, which takes you to the next screen which shows available seats. If you don't like what you see you don't have to buy. A dummy name and contact info works.

And yes, it's a PITA.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Sopwith
And yes, it's a PITA.
More like a sucky inteternet experience, I really wish that the WestJet web team would restore this functionality. When I shop for flights, price and time are not the only things I consider.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 10:41 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Arthurrs
More like a sucky inteternet experience, I really wish that the WestJet web team would restore this functionality. When I shop for flights, price and time are not the only things I consider.
+1. Totally agreed.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 10:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
westjet.com is definitely near the bottom of airline websites. There are just too many things you can't do online.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
ExpertFlyer has WS seat maps and available seats for all flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.