Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Vouchers and dollars and extended European routes

Vouchers and dollars and extended European routes

Old Oct 5, 2017, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Question Vouchers and dollars and extended European routes

I remember earlier this year WJ announced it was partnering to offer flights to Europe beyond the UK and Ireland.

Sorry, I can't figure out what to search on to find the old thread...(all my search terms are yielding lots of results that look irrelevant). Has there been any discussion of how the partnership applies to vouchers and WJ dollars? If someone can give me a re-direct that would be awesome.

If not in the old thread, does anyone know if WJ dollars or companion vouchers can be applied to the extended European routes? We're hoping to go to France/Germany next summer--I can buy short-haul from Ryanair or easyjet or something to get me beyond LGW, but if there's a better way to use my WJ accruals, that'd be amazing.

Last edited by coastgirl; Oct 5, 2017 at 9:56 am
Old Oct 5, 2017, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Ok, so I think I found what I was looking for https://apps.na.collabserv.com/forum...8-6eebe149fb23

So, has anyone heard of more development on this beyond reciprocal "collecting miles"? I know it's not the end of 2017 yet...
Old Oct 13, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: rapidly diminishing
Just saw this on an email from Rewards Canada:

http://blog.rewardscanada.ca/2017/10...ats-right.html
Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Thanks sofasurfer. I saw the announcement, but not the detail of using the dollars on the new flights--your link was very useful.

I just asked my question to WS via FB to see if they have any insight on the companion vouchers. Got this response...

You may use your companion voucher to book your trip to Europe with your companion on any WestJet-marketed and WestJet-operated flights. We currently have flight routes to London, U.K., Glasgow and Dublin.

That's what I expected, but it never hurts to ask!

Last edited by coastgirl; Oct 18, 2017 at 9:26 am Reason: more info
Old Oct 18, 2017, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sofasurfer
Just saw this on an email from Rewards Canada:

http://blog.rewardscanada.ca/2017/10...ats-right.html
So now that I spent my lunch hour playing with itineraries , I wonder if anyone knows how to get the WS site to show those other European airports for the "member exclusive" booking? I can only get it to show LGW or DUB, not FRA or even the exact-same YYC-AMS itinerary they use as an example in the article.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
I may be wrong (and I hope someone corrects me if so) but I believe that for now at least, you'll have to call in for that.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 1:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus
Originally Posted by coastgirl
So now that I spent my lunch hour playing with itineraries , I wonder if anyone knows how to get the WS site to show those other European airports for the "member exclusive" booking? I can only get it to show LGW or DUB, not FRA or even the exact-same YYC-AMS itinerary they use as an example in the article.
I don't know why but I was going to write it out step by step for some reason then it hit me...send a link!

https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/rewards/member-exclusive

Don't click on the first block that says 'Amsterdam' select the one that has the airport code like below:

Hope that works for you!
coastgirl likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

That's great, radnub. It must be associated with the special promotion at this point, as those things don't come up from the regular booking starting point. Thank you!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.