AC stock pulls ahead of WS stock

Old Sep 23, 2017, 9:50 am
Original Poster

AC stock pulls ahead of WS stock

AC stock closed on Friday at $27.51, ahead of WS stock, which closed at $26.92. AC stock has been making incredible ground this year! Last year at this time AC stock was at $9.35! What has WS been doing that it's stock has been basically stagnant in the same time period, and what has AC been doing that it has basically tripled?

Last edited by YYCguy; Sep 23, 2017 at 9:56 am
Old Sep 23, 2017, 12:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by YYCguy
What has WS been doing that it's stock has been basically stagnant in the same time period, and what has AC been doing that it has basically tripled?
What AC is doing is something it hadn't done in the past, making money, and that profitability has boosted its stock. WS OTOH has more consistently earned profits so it's stock has been higher longer and less prone to such dramatic ups and downs. It should be seen as a marathon and not a sprint.

WS is also navigating some tricky times in the next few years with fleet upgrading and unionization among other things so those issues may weigh a bit on the stock price but expect it will still return some solid results.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 4:39 pm

Comparing $ per share isn't a reasonable comparison without knowing the other factors.

If AC can consistently make profits as it has recently and based upon its overall revenues and shares outstanding vs Westjet its shares should be trading at around $40. AND - if it pays a dividend like Westjet does.
irishguy28 and Ldnn1 like this.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:23 pm

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.
I think WestJet is being dragged on by Alberta being a basket case and the potential for BC to join them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.