Best 737 Plus Seats?

Old Aug 30, 2017, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E35
Best 737 Plus Seats?

Does anyone have an opinion on which are the best 737 plus seats? Is the bulkhead row preferable to rows 2 and 3 or is the legroom too restricted?
Old Aug 30, 2017, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by highlander88
Does anyone have an opinion on which are the best 737 plus seats? Is the bulkhead row preferable to rows 2 and 3 or is the legroom too restricted?
In my opinion, rows 2 or 3 are preferable to row 1 only because you can store your bag under the seat in front, and the table tray is not in your armrest, which can provide a bit more room widthwise.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:50 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
I agree with Jono. I'll take 2C or 2D as first choice every time.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
I have 2D in my TA profile and I sulk when I don't get it.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 5:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I think bulkhead is the worst.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E35
Kk great thanks guys appreciate it. I'll go with 2C/D
Old Aug 31, 2017, 7:13 pm

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.
I would generally agree with "not the bulkhead" since the space ahead of you WILL become a de facto waiting area for the lavs when somebody needs to get down the aisle.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Front row. Legroom abounds and the window seat can enter and exit with ease. Overhead storage is not an issue for several reasons - you board first, there's lots of room and you have to have dibs because you don't have underseat.

However, the window on some aircraft is oddly intrusive into your shoulder space but aisle is fine.

The FA on all my Plus flights were good about moving people trying to park in that space while waiting for the biffy into the aisle or back to their seats.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Definitely the bulkhead. More legroom, and I hate people reclining into me. And since I don't carry the kitchen sink on board, having underseat storage is irrelevant.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
The only real problem with the bulkhead row is that the little fold-out table can be a bit shaky as a work surface. I usually work on my laptop during flights, and I find the single support leg for the table on bulkhead-row seats makes a more wobbly platform for my laptop than the two-leg, standard fold-down tray. It's better on some aircraft than others, of course. I've had a few where it was so worn I just gave up and sat the computer in my lap. That works, but it's not as comfy (for me) as the standard fold-down table on the row 2/3 seats.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by ricktoronto
The FA on all my Plus flights were good about moving people trying to park in that space while waiting for the biffy into the aisle or back to their seats.
Hah, when we flew to Hawaii not only were the flight attendants themselves standing there too at times, at one point the pilot was as well.

Last edited by Error 601; Sep 1, 2017 at 12:31 pm Reason: completely screwed-up quoting
Old Sep 2, 2017, 4:20 pm

Did my first WestJet flight today. Had 2D in Plus...which is my preferred seat on AC J class. After a 3 hour flight I plan on trying to get the window seat in row 1 next time mainly because it looks to have more legroom and with the window I won't have people and carts continually knocking into me.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Error 601
Hah, when we flew to Hawaii not only were the flight attendants themselves standing there too at times, at one point the pilot was as well.
And you said nothing, preferring to vent here later. Speak up. Never happened to me.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 12:17 pm

Pick your battles.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.