Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Using Westjet Lounge passes on Delta ticketed flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2017, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Pretty sure I know the answer, but thought I'd throw this out there just in case...

Normally I'd always book direct with WJ, but there is flight I need that seems to be Westjet ticketed by Delta that's $100 cheaper than the exact flights with WJ. It's WJ metal on both flights, with a decently long layover stop in YYZ.

I have WJ gold status, which comes with 10 lounge passes that expire soon.
What are the odds I can print and use those lounge passes if my tickets are almost surely going to be printed on Delta passes?
Old Aug 25, 2017, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by 97gst
Pretty sure I know the answer, but thought I'd throw this out there just in case...

Normally I'd always book direct with WJ, but there is flight I need that seems to be Westjet ticketed by Delta that's $100 cheaper than the exact flights with WJ. It's WJ metal on both flights, with a decently long layover stop in YYZ.

I have WJ gold status, which comes with 10 lounge passes that expire soon.
What are the odds I can print and use those lounge passes if my tickets are almost surely going to be printed on Delta passes?
If it is all WestJet won't your boarding passes be printed by WestJet? Or reprint at a WestJet kiosk.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Agree - print the BP at the airport and who knows. Even if it indicates it's a Delta ticketed flight, the agent may not worry about it given you have Gold status.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 5:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
You will be perfectly fine. I have done this lots. Delta has been cheaper than WS alot lately.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 9:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I didn't think lounges took printed passes any more. I thought it was all electronic, so as long as your WestJet Rewards number is on the reservation, you should be OK.
Jono likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.