Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Husband and wife combining Westjet dollars for a single trip?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2017, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium

My husband and I both have Westjet $ that expire next year. He has many more than me and we would like to use them on one trip.
Can we combine them on a booking where both of us are flying?
thanks!
Old Aug 9, 2017, 7:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Ontariotraveller
Can we combine them on a booking where both of us are flying?
You can, but you have to call.
polyesther and Clipper801 like this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:57 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus
Can anyone let me know if combining dollars has actually worked? I called in last night and the agent told me my boyfriend and I couldn't combine our dollars (him: about $400, me: $60) and that I could only use my own $60 to cover my flight. I was too tired to HUCA (over an hour wait!) but I'm just curious what other people's outcomes have been calling in?

I ended up booking online through my boyfriend's account and we were able to come out $50 cheaper than had we booked separately (which was what the phone agent suggested).
Old Mar 2, 2018, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by radnub
Can anyone let me know if combining dollars has actually worked? I called in last night and the agent told me my boyfriend and I couldn't combine our dollars (him: about $400, me: $60) and that I could only use my own $60 to cover my flight. I was too tired to HUCA (over an hour wait!) but I'm just curious what other people's outcomes have been calling in?
I've had no issues calling in and using the dollars from our family's multiple accounts to buy tickets for me, my wife and kids all travelling together. The limitation that the agents always tell me is that they will only permit a maximum of two methods of payment for any one passenger - i.e. credit card and WJ$. So you can use anyone's WJ$ to pay for someone else's ticket, but I don't think you can use WJ$ from more than one account on the same ticket, as you will still have to use a credit card to pay the taxes that the WJ$ won't cover. Hypothetically in your case, I imagine you could use your boyfriend's dollars to pay for your ticket, but you couldn't use BOTH his dollars AND your dollars towards your ticket.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
Originally Posted by Jono
I've had no issues calling in and using the dollars from our family's multiple accounts to buy tickets for me, my wife and kids all travelling together. The limitation that the agents always tell me is that they will only permit a maximum of two methods of payment for any one passenger - i.e. credit card and WJ$.
More accurately (and pedantically), credit card WJ$ and travel bank $.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Frequentlander
More accurately (and pedantically), credit card WJ$ and travel bank $.
No, Jono was correct. Credit card is one, WJ$ is a second, and travel bank would be a third.

For our most recent booking, the agent even allowed us to use WJ$ for the companion fare copay.
Jono likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:26 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus
Originally Posted by Jono
I've had no issues calling in and using the dollars from our family's multiple accounts to buy tickets for me, my wife and kids all travelling together. The limitation that the agents always tell me is that they will only permit a maximum of two methods of payment for any one passenger - i.e. credit card and WJ$. So you can use anyone's WJ$ to pay for someone else's ticket, but I don't think you can use WJ$ from more than one account on the same ticket, as you will still have to use a credit card to pay the taxes that the WJ$ won't cover. Hypothetically in your case, I imagine you could use your boyfriend's dollars to pay for your ticket, but you couldn't use BOTH his dollars AND your dollars towards your ticket.
Ah ok that makes sense. Thank you!
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:52 am

We recently booked family tickets and I was allowed to use my WJ$ to pay for my son's companion ticket although he was travelling with my husband not me. So for that transaction, we used a CC to pay for the taxes and fees, dh's WJ$ to pay for his ticket, and my WJ$ to pay for my son's fare. I was surprised. Different tickets on the same transaction with a total of 3 payment types, but only two payment types applied to each ticket. But I wouldn't have been allowed to use some of my WJ$ to pay for a ticket that was already using some of dh's WJ$.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.