Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Return date now available for purchase but not the outbound??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2017, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

I have to travel YYC to YYZ return to attend a wedding next May 24-30, 2018. May 30 is now available for purchase but not May 24. I would prefer to buy one return ticket instead of 2 one-ways in case of a change. Any idea why May 23-28 inclusive is currently being blocked for sale on all Westjet routings?
Old Jul 4, 2017, 4:54 pm

Programs: AC 25k
That's right at the fringe of the available booking window. Wait a few weeks and try again.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
They post my WS dollars return flights first, in as few as 3-4 days, then outbound later (as much as 2 weeks later) so maybe they sell tickets that way as well.

I think the mainframe is a mesh network of Commodore 64's.

Clearly something's up - ExpertFlyer shows nothing outbound and 12 nonstops inbound on the 30th.

Give them a call and let them hem and haw on the phone with you.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 7:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
You really think it's more than one?
Old Jul 4, 2017, 8:28 pm

Programs: AC Basic, UA MP Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
I have to travel YYC to YYZ return to attend a wedding next May 24-30, 2018.
First and foremost, you are booking outside the prime time to get the best deal. Discounting will not start for another 6 to 7 months. WS has 8-10 flights per day on YYC-yyz, and may 24-30 is still a shoulder season. Availability will not be an issue if you chose to wait for a better price.

Another problem with booking this early, the flight schedule is not finalized, so it's possible that you book for one flight, only to have 3-4 schedule changes until flight departure day,
Old Jul 5, 2017, 7:30 am

Flights are posted a maximum of 330 days out, but Network Planning won't post all flights that far out, usually 300 to 330 days is the norm for existing routes. As May and Nov are change-over months where some routes are started and some stopped, until other destination possibilities are finalized, the whole schedule won't be published as the aim is to fully allocate all aircraft, but not over allocate them.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 11:37 am

Programs: rapidly diminishing
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
Does this mean that Paul Woakes is alive and well and actually lurking on Flyertalk as aerobod....?
Old Jul 5, 2017, 1:48 pm

Not at all, the Sinclair ZX80 meets my needs.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by WR Cage
First and foremost, you are booking outside the prime time to get the best deal. Discounting will not start for another 6 to 7 months. WS has 8-10 flights per day on YYC-yyz, and may 24-30 is still a shoulder season. Availability will not be an issue if you chose to wait for a better price.

Another problem with booking this early, the flight schedule is not finalized, so it's possible that you book for one flight, only to have 3-4 schedule changes until flight departure day,
Then they shouldn't post an entire return schedule for the route using that logic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.